Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Happy Wars

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 12, 2012

Two cutesy teams brutally face off by capturing spawn points and sieging each other's castle in the first free-to-play game released for Xbox consoles.

So, this is out.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Peanut

I played a bunch of it tonight with some friends and I think it's pretty neat. I got into games super quick and they were all completely full, which I'm sure has everything to do with the price tag.

The one problem I see thus far is in the way they've handled the microtransactions. They do the whole virtual currency thing, which in this case is happy tickets and I'm not a fan of how they've got it laid out. For one, you're like...two levels of space bucks deep when you're looking at the "price" of items and it's kind of ridiculous on a system where you're already buying everything using funny money to then further mask the actual price of the items. The second problem is that they jump from a small, enticing, impulse purchase of 80msp for a pack of 8 happy tickets to 400msp for 50. Where's the middle ground there? Further creating a problem is the fact that it seems like all of the things you can buy cost way more than 8 tickets, in fact what seems like one of the main transactions (buying card packs that give you two random items and one random premium item) costs 18 tickets, which means if I wanted to buy a single pack of cards I'd need to make 3 separate ticket transactions and then be left with an odd couple tickets, the inconvenience of which is enough to stay my hand. I'm a huge sucker for buying a handful of small shit on a whim, especially on 360 where I've usually got odd points sitting in my account, but they couldn't pull me into one here.

osuzoo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By osuzoo08

I could not agree more the 18 tickets for the card packs is kinda weird. You would figure that everything would be in multiples of 8 that way they would have a better chance of more impulse buys. Over all it still a good game

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By jaycrockett

I couldn't ever connect to multiplayer. The teams would fill up but would always boot me out. And there is only one single player mission you can do it you haven't ranked up in multiplayer. Oh well.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I hate when points are used instead of actual cash values. I don't know how it happened, but I will ALWAYS have 50 MSP left over that I can't just waste on anything. I'd rather it be taken away because of how annoying it is

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By hockeymask27

Played a little of the beta. I should give it another shot.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous
    @SomeDeliCook said:

I hate when points are used instead of actual cash values. I don't know how it happened, but I will ALWAYS have 50 MSP left over that I can't just waste on anything. I'd rather it be taken away because of how annoying it is

You could probably find some avatar clothing for 50 MSP.
    Uppercaseccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Uppercaseccc

I also don't like the fact you can spend in game cash and real world money to spawn stronger as that instantly creates an unfair advantage for the team that decided not to spawn stronger vs the team that did and has the cash to do so

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Freshbandito

My problem is that basically both teams just run right past each other ignoring all towers and then start beating on the opposing team's gates and then the tower, fastest to manage this wins.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HotSauceMagik

I've enjoyed it quite a bit when I actually get into a game, however the amount of time I've spent waiting for a game to start is probably double the amount of time I've actually played of it (and I'm a lv 6 at the moment which seems like roughly 12 games or so). They need to get that shit taken care of or else I'm out, despite how fun (and free) it is.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Getz

@osuzoo08 said:

I could not agree more the 18 tickets for the card packs is kinda weird. You would figure that everything would be in multiples of 8 that way they would have a better chance of more impulse buys. Over all it still a good game

Don't you mean multiples of 9?

osuzoo08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By osuzoo08

@Getz: yeah I meant to say 9

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By tracerace11

Anyone still playing this? I just downloaded today, and I am having a blast. This is really fun for a free to play game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.