Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hard Reset

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 13, 2011

The debut game from a new Polish development studio, Flying Wild Hog. The player controls a cyborg, Major Fletcher, who must use a pair of transforming weapons to defeat an army of malfunctioning robots that endanger the "cyberpunk megacity" of Bezoar.

Hard Reset Extended Version for Steam!

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bybeach

This is just to let you know the Extended version of Hard Reset has made it's appearance. I saw the download about a half an hour ago, and just went to Steam to confirm it. The extension/expansion starts off with two overly long graphic book cut-scenes, and in the second one includes the games favorite, the F-word or some variation(ing or extended uuuuu's) at least three times. Still, I am jazzed!! In it's own way Hard Reset was a good shooter. it had limitations but within those limits it was a lot of fun. For me anyways. Not doing this thread for defending or promoting anyways.

For those who care and have been waiting, it is now on Steam. Just letting you know.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Brad

I always meant to play this, never had time to get around to it. How is the 360 controller support? Seems like maybe a good couch/big TV game.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

I was wondering what the 1.2 GB patch was. I didn't finish Hard Reset (I've been meaning to) but the setting and characterization of the world is what really sold me on it. It's definitely got the Blade Runner vibe down well in the environment design.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

I think Hard Reset is the old school game I wanted Duke Nukem Forever to be. I mean it straight up has secret areas and health packs. Fuck yeah. I really need to get back to it once I'm done binging on Skyrim.

Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Vamino

@Brad said:

I always meant to play this, never had time to get around to it. How is the 360 controller support? Seems like maybe a good couch/big TV game.

I can't speak for controller support, but I played it a LOT and I can't imagine it being very fun with a controller. There is some decently fast movements required, especially if you go on to play the higher difficulties.

EDIT: Quick check on Steam says it does infact support controllers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

So if you have the core game only, does this come in the form of a patch? Do you have to buy the expansion separately? Or do you have to buy the extended cut wholesale to see that extra content?

Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Vamino

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

So if you have the core game only, does this come in the form of a patch? Do you have to buy the expansion separately? Or do you have to buy the extended cut wholesale to see that extra content?

Comes free if you already had the game. I had to restart steam to get it to patch though, for some reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Vamino said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Comes free if you already had the game. I had to restart steam to get it to patch though, for some reason.

Awesome. I'll begin redownloading it now then.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

Hmm. My new pc would probably run this game nicely. Maybe it will be on the steam sale

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By ESREVER

Nice! More Hard Reset content. The game was longer than I had expected on my first playthrough, but it was pretty fun. I need to make a note to go back to it and check out this extra content.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Xbox controller works great!

Hearing about this new content might get me back in.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extended eh? Maybe I should get around to finally playing this, seems like a good time for it then.

Echofoxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Echofoxz

@Brad said:

The 360 controller works just fine, comparable to other first person shooters. It's good mindless fun. It has a number of different weapons and a great cyberpunk look. Definitely a good couch/big TV game. But make sure to turn the difficulty to easy. Some design flaws tend to come through more frustrating on hard difficulty settings.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bybeach

@Brad said:

I'm not getting my wireless 360 cont. (for pc) to work with any game right now (accident with jumping cat and broken usb earliar). It's probably okay with a pad, most games are if you are adept enough these days. I have no predjudices but my first choice was K + M for Hard Reset. But then I have my keyboard and mouse on a table for the living room that I made up. It looks great on a big tv....

I've forgotton the controls though they are coming back, been getting my butt kicked out of the gate. I'm starting to catch on again. It seemed 'hard' was the choice for this...

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By mosdl

@Brad: The game can get quite hard and require fast reactions and precise shooting, so a gamepad might require dialing down the difficulty. The game is very reminiscent of old school shooters difficulty rather than modern ones.

Though it could make for some excellent material for a Breaking Brad episode...

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Brad said:

This shit is 3.75 everybody has to buy this pretty game!

3.75 PEOPLE

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17  Edited By impartialgecko

Wish my PC could run this. It struggles with Saints Row the Third so I don't know how it'll cope with Hard Reset

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Doctorchimp said:

@Brad said:

This shit is 3.75 everybody has to buy this pretty game!

3.75 PEOPLE

Goddam, that's a bargain! Here's hoping enough people buy this to generate some more dev. capital for FWH.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mnzy

Just finished the extended content and I gotta say: it's crazy!

I bought the game for about 4 bucks, they add content for free that is as long as the game AND IT'S BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL GAME! According to the achievements here, barely anyone has finished that the new stuff, but you really should.

The game becomes more fun with more weapons unlocked and I feel like they give you more Nano in the DLC. Also: new enemy types. There was too little variety in the main game for my taste, but these new types change it for the better.

It feels like this content should've been in the first release anyway, seeing how short it was and how good it is.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vitor

@mnzy: I wonder if they fixed the performance issues I had with it.

Basically, the gun effects for the player would cripple my FPS from 40 down to the low 20s. If I didn't fire a shot, even with crazy explosions all around me and loads of AI it was fine but as soon as I pulled the trigger... Definitely a weird thing to have but still. It did stop me from getting too far into the game.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mnzy

I read somewhere, that they upgraded their engine with the DLC, so...maybe?

No problems here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.