Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hard Reset

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 13, 2011

The debut game from a new Polish development studio, Flying Wild Hog. The player controls a cyborg, Major Fletcher, who must use a pair of transforming weapons to defeat an army of malfunctioning robots that endanger the "cyberpunk megacity" of Bezoar.

Thoughts on the game?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mosdl

Playing on Normal, wow the game is hard. It seems hitting the enemies in certain areas does more damage, but its hard to do any precise aiming with 2 gorilla ones running at you while the 20 little buzz saw ones attack you at the same time...

Enjoying it though quite a lot, surviving a large wave of attack with 13 health left brings back DOOM memories.

Game looks great, screenshots from me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/mosdl/screenshots/

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

Still downloading, sigh ;__;

I think I'll actually play Easy; apparently there's a new game plus, so maybe I'll ramp the difficulty up if I play through the game again.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mosdl

I did read that if you change the difficulty down while playing, you can't push is up again (because of achievements).

There is a console in game, so probably easy to beat the game on any level unless using it turns off achievements.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I love buying PC games and supporting their developers, but this game strikes me as one that gets reaaaaaaally frustrating and tedious.. I don't like chore games, so I didn't buy it.

Looking forward to people's thoughts on it though.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mosdl

Given that a lot of people are asking for quick save, I wouldn't be surprised that it will get patched in.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By StingingVelvet

Played the first two levels... like it a lot so far. For some reason though I am having performance issues I did not have in the demo, mainly when a ton of things are on screen. In any event, move fast and shoot fast in a beautiful cyberpunk world... that is all I wanted and the game provides it in spades.

Also I prefer checkpoints for linear games, so no issues there.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DonPixel

It's good, so far my only complain is the lack of variety of enemies, I'm in chapter 3 I can't say if is the same for all the game.

Other than that the game is pretty good, with an amazing visual style and cool cyber punk vibe, for a "budget" game a lot of AAA tittles could learn a thing or two here.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Wuddel

I like the setting. Pretty bad performance on only "high" without AA on a GTX470.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

@DonPixel: Keep playing, you'll find some more enemies. Also, from what I've played already, I have to say that this is definitely some of the most exhilarating combat I've seen in an FPS (even on easy; yes, I'm playing easy >_>).

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I think I'll just wait for Serious Sam.. The lack of quicksave is really weird, as is the very slow pace.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DonPixel

@Wuddel said:

I like the setting. Pretty bad performance on only "high" without AA on a GTX470.

Mmm weird, I'm runing at 50fps with the 470gtx on ultra 4xFAA

@BeachThunder said:

@DonPixel: Keep playing, you'll find some more enemies. Also, from what I've played already, I have to say that this is definitely some of the most exhilarating combat I've seen in an FPS (even on easy; yes, I'm playing easy >_>).

Good to hear that, I'm going keep playing it tomorrow but sure is not a deal breaker for me. About the dificulty, it does get tricky at parts but blowing things away in the enviroment helps a lot, I'm on normal.

jimb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jimb0

So far I'm really diggin' it. It's got a classic feel with a spectacular atmosphere. I'm a sucker for upgrades and I love the way the game handles that.

I haven't had an issue with the quicksave so far; the checkpoints seem to be rather decent but I'm only on level 4. Enemy variety is also starting to ramp up a bit as well. I just want to play more!

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bybeach

Heh...AH Chose hard, well it was still below insane. Died..a few times..here and there.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wuddel

@mosdl said:

Playing on Normal, wow the game is hard. It seems hitting the enemies in certain areas does more damage, but its hard to do any precise aiming with 2 gorilla ones running at you while the 20 little buzz saw ones attack you at the same time...

I am a big baby and enabled "Always aim assist". The game really seams to be about crowd control and environmental awareness, as blowing stuff up and getting "environment kills" seems to be a major focus.

@DonPixel said:

@Wuddel said:

Can you show the fps in game? I am just saying, I get a lot of screen tearing. In run Win7 64 bit with latest nividia driver.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mosdl

@Wuddel: You can enable vsync to remove the tearing

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bybeach

Game is running perfect for me. 2 570's sli.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By matthias2437

I love it so far, I love the setting and love Painkiller so its a perfect combination. Shooting feels good, enemies are cool and it is pretty challenging. Performance wise I have been getting great performance, NEVER dropped below 60 fps with all settings max @ 1920x1080.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Wuddel said:

@DonPixel said:

@Wuddel said:

Can you show the fps in game? I am just saying, I get a lot of screen tearing. In run Win7 64 bit with latest nividia driver.

you don't have FRAPS installed? dude!
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#19  Edited By Lazyaza

I just played the first two levels and its damn fun, quite simple but I'm loving the atmosphere and look of the whole thing.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DonPixel

@Wuddel: FRAPS ? - Just saying

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wuddel

@DonPixel: @AhmadMetallic: Sorry guys. I do not know much of PC gaming today (I took a break 2000-2010 for nearly everything.) OK. FRAPS I thought you had to pay for this but apparently not. It says i get 30 fps on ultra 4xAA with Vsync (ok this is was this does). :( But 60 with only 2xAA.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mosdl

Finished the game - exhausted but happy. Looks like NG+ might be an option down the road to revisit (too many games, need to play more Witcher 2).

Definitely a 3.5 game - looks great, plays great. Upgrades aren't always great, which can make the game harder than it is.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wuddel

@mosdl: How long did it take you?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tennmuerti

Is there ze multiplayer?

If not, then how long is the SP? A game like this would live and die for me by it's combat/tactics/weapons/enemy depth + lengh.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mosdl

@Wuddel: 6 and half hours, got about half the secrets on Normal difficulty.

@Tennmuerti: SP only. There is a NG+ I believe where you start with your existing weapons. Combat/weapons are great, tactics is mainly crowd control (lots of enemies running at you at once from all sides). Enemy depth not so much, there are 3 types with several versions each.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By Marz

I heard it's short, so i'll wait till it's like 15$

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BeachThunder

Sigh, the roof battle is really giving me trouble - on easy. I keep getting stuck in a corner and lasered, then ambushed by all of the other enemies =(

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mosdl

@BeachThunder said:

Sigh, the roof battle is really giving me trouble - on easy. I keep getting stuck in a corner and lasered, then ambushed by all of the other enemies =(

I had upgraded my health and shields, which helped with the laser. Smart gun helped deal with the other enemies on it (which is the final boss)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tennmuerti

@mosdl: Thanks for the info.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BeachThunder

@mosdl: Thanks, I finally did it, that boss was way harder than the other bosses :o

Anyway, that was such an abrupt ending =|

Overall, the game was great though with some nice visuals. I might try a new game plus sometime later.

Isknisark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Isknisark

Just finished the game, I beat it in four and a half hours on normal. Feeling kind of annoyed that I finished the game that fast after spending $30 on it. I mean, I had a blast with it and will eventually play through it again, but four and a half hours?. Not sure if there is a new game plus option but I hope so. The final battle was pretty easy once I figured you can just run in a straight line away from the laser and out run it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BeachThunder

@Vash10 said:

Just finished the game, I beat it in four and a half hours on normal. Feeling kind of annoyed that I finished the game that fast after spending $30 on it. I mean, I had a blast with it and will eventually play through it again, but four and a half hours?. Not sure if there is a new game plus option but I hope so. The final battle was pretty easy once I figured you can just run in a straight line away from the laser and out run it.

There is a new game plus. Also, the developers have hinted at some sort of DLC.

Anyway, I really would suggest giving it another playthrough, maybe try it on a different difficulty or do the new game plus and get the rest of the upgrades (and secrets). Also, the game on Insane is much harder than Normal, so you will likely have to rethink tactics for each battle.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mosdl

@Vash10 said:

If you choose new game, there is a checkbox for EX Mode, which is NG+.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By PurpleSpandex

I just beat this in apparently 4 hours an 9 minutes. Who cares how long it is? This game has amazing atmosphere and inventive weapons there is a lack of enemy variety. Played it on normal and the bosses were the only thing that really gave me a problem you just have to figure out how to avoid their big attacks and its not too bad. I'm going through it now with new game plus on insane. I love this game. Oh the story is non-existent.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I enjoyed the game but it has its limitations - short length (took me four hours), obtuse story, slow movement speed, and clumsy weapon switching. They weren't dealbreaking but they detracted as comboing different weapon types and avoiding enemy attacks was harder than it should have been. I would have liked if the levels were more spacious as well, some are essentially just corridors where it is easy to get surrounded and die. If you like the design principles of DOOM-style shooters such as exploration and secrets, challenging twitch gameplay, and environmental interaction it is easy to recommend. Looks and sounds fantastic for a budget game as well.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bybeach

IbeatAltasIbeatAtlasIbeatAtlasIbeatAtlas!!! locationlocationlocation!

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wiseblood

Story is pretty shitty but I really like it.  I just beat it on Insane and man it was rough but satisfying.  Now I just need to grind out the 10,000 kill and 2,000 environmental kill achievements and I'll have S-Ranked this thing.

Avatar image for great__defunct__northern
    Great__defunct__Northern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Finished it last night. Looking for a bunch of secrets, as well as leaving it on the title screen a few times while taking care of my two-year-old, raised my total playtime to eight hours according to Steam.

I REALLY enjoyed it. Yes, the story is absurd and makes no sense whatsoever, but it was an adrenalin rush from start to finish. I didn't find any particular part too hard, just tried to always be on the move and not get stuck in a corner.

As far as upgrades go, I recommend maxing out bullet time, health, shield, and make sure you have a heavy weapon with a homing upgrade for the last boss. Proximity mines didn't hurt for that fight either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.