Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Harvester

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 31, 1996

Harvester is a violent and disturbing adventure game for the PC. The player controls Steve Mason, who awakens in the town of Harvest without any memories.

Is Harvester the best game no one has played?

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
    LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

Edited By LonelySpacePanda

I think this video says it all...

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LonelySpacePanda

I think this video says it all...

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Absurd

Disturbing

Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ApertureSilence

The first third or so of Harvester, which is disturbing and satirical in a David Lynch sort of way, is excellent. Unfortunately after the first third, the plot and puzzles turn batshit insane and awful.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Psyx2

No one played it, and rightfully so.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LonelySpacePanda
    @MurderByDeath:  That's what makes it so awesome.  It just says "screw it" and runs with it.  It has no interest in serving any fanboy, genre ideals, or commercial interest and it bombed because of it.  People go on and on about Ico and Shadow of the Colosus, but those were just Zelda clones with minimal design and superb art direction.  I'm not hating.  I'm just saying Harvester is one of the few games that was made with no one's intersest other then the designers.  Harvester is far from profound, it is ugly, hilarious, and very profane.  But, it seeks to please no one and it's all the better for it.  It has balls which can't be said of most games out today.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By c1337us

I had never heard of this game before right now. Doesnt look like I missed out on much.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LonelySpacePanda

I'm giving Harvester a bad name by posting this video, which highlights only the goofy humor and extreme violence.  The game actually has a lot more to it.  I'd recommend it to any adventure genre fan.  It's the best I've played and I've played them all.  If not, check out my playthrough I posted.  It's a very divisive game and it's a bitch to run (via Dosbox), but it's worth checking out.  It's definitely not for everybody, which is a good thing some times. 

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO
    @LonelySpacePanda said:
    "People go on and on about Ico and Shadow of the Colosus, but those were just Zelda clones"
    No they weren't.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CL60

lol at this game.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LonelySpacePanda
    @EVO said:
    " @LonelySpacePanda said:
    "People go on and on about Ico and Shadow of the Colosus, but those were just Zelda clones"
    No they weren't. "
    OK that was a bit of "trolling" but I still stand by my point.  Ico is a more expanded version of the puzzles in Zelda and SotC is a more expanded version of the boss batles of Zelda.  They aren't as original as people give them credit for, but they are still great games. 

I just think people say "games as art" but really just mean art direction in games which isn't the same thing.  Becuase games are about interactivity via controls and story, which is where the real art should be and only games like Braid, Harvester, Sanitarium, and Penumbra:Black Plague have really realized what "games as art" should and can be.  Just becaue a game flopped doesn't mean it was daring, which is my view on Ico and SotC (the 2nd of which sold quite well, later on).
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By zitosilva

I had never heard of this game, but I really want to play it now. Any way to get it legally nowadays? Like GOG or something?

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LonelySpacePanda
    @zitosilva said:
    " I had never heard of this game, but I really want to play it now. Any way to get it legally nowadays? Like GOG or something? "
    Sadly no but you can find torrents around.  Don't feel bad either since you need the actual .iso images to play the game.  It might seem like a hassle but shoot me a PM and I can help you through it (once you get the torrent).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.