Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Headphones

Object » linked to 74 games

Pair of mini loudspeakers that are designed to hold them close to a user's ears for a more convenient listening device. Can be plugged in to music players or phones.

Anyone use the spatial sound on Xbox One with basic headphones (or any headphones I suppose)? Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just testing it out, for the first time actually with some Bose headphones I have around. Does anyone prefer it over a surround sound, like a 5.1 system (via optical)? I don't know why I didn't know, but I just found out that you could plug any headphone you have into the Xbox controller and listen to whatever is on screen and the Dolby Atmos is supposed to enhance even stereo only headphones. I didn't buy it, but I am trying it out for free. I like it I guess, but I'm not sure I prefer it over my 5.1 system. I mean, I'm really not sure. It doesn't have as pinpoint accuracy as the soundbar with satellite speakers, but things are loud and crisp and do differ in volume from your back to your front some. I closed my eyes and rotated my character in The Division 2 to see if I could correctly guess where some friendly NPCs were and I was pretty close once I opened my eyes, which is a good thing. Anyways, does anyone use these options (especially Atmos) and would you recommend buying the Atmos app? I think the reason I didn't know you could do such a simple thing is that I rarely use a headset to play anything online, nor do I wear headphones that often so for me it was an easy miss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.