Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Curse of Naxxaramas

• 50 results
    Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zirilius
    morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks great. Would have liked a release date though.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Yep, super cool. Really like the sounds of that NPC hero ability. Two damage to the leftmost unit is just a hero power so crazy and clever. I hope if eventually the classes get other hero abilities they can switch to that one's on the table. Although I can't imagine it'll be 1 mana.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat to see a fresh way of acquiring cards besides the ol' booster pack but I wonder how it'll actually play out. Do you pay up front for each individual raid or is it a one time fee and are the card prizes preset or random? Regardless I love card game spoiler seasons, now there's the new MTG set and Hearthstone to keep tabs on.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My take is its a one time fee to access the other wings but I bet the gold price will be much higher than a single booster. By the sounds of it its launching at the same time on all platforms but with the iPad version not officially out yet I wonder if that will be the official launch date of the expansion and iPad version.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I guess I'll build up my gold stockpile a bit more and stop buying packs.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck I might actually have to play hearthstone against non friends again.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@starvinggamer:

You should play Arena instead of buying packs in my opinion. You'll get a pack every time and the potential to make gold back and other rewards

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedew: I only play Arena unless I have to make room for new daily quests. I always keep a bank of 2150 gold and burn my Arena winnings on packs.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Milkman

Nice. Haven't played in a while but this is the kind of thing that would definitely get me back into it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of this sounds great. With all of the hearthstone I've been playing since the game went into open beta, I can't imagine it not being my game of the year. I think it's really something special.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, maybe I'll actually be able to make a solid gold income.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMasterDS

New card revealed. This one is the Druid card that you'll earn by completing a special Druid challenge. Check it out! It's pretty cool. Basically AOE Polymorph.

No Caption Provided

For the record here are the previously announced cards.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

welp time to make an Undertaker deck named Dead Man Walking

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A neat effect, allows for some silly builds and seems situationally powerful. Neuters Warlocks cheating in cheap giants and might buy some time against Murloc Warleaders.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@themasterds: That's interesting, it's almost like Equality in that you can pretty much assume everything will trade for everything next turn.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A neat effect, allows for some silly builds and seems situationally powerful. Neuters Warlocks cheating in cheap giants and might buy some time against Murloc Warleaders.

Yeah but it sort of buffs Unleash the hounds.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toowalrus

@zirilius: can't put a Druid card in a hunter deck.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BisonHero

@toowalrus said:

@zirilius: can't put a Druid card in a hunter deck.

Maybe he meant in Druid v Hunter, the Druid can't play it against Hunter? Or his overarching point is that if your opponent has a swarm of 1/1 minions and you play Poison Seeds, it helps him?

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

I wish I knew when this was coming out so I could stop spending money on failed arena runs

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheMasterDS

New Paladin card revealed.

No Caption Provided

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By white

Which friendly minion?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: A random one presumably.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By white

@themasterds said:

I thought so. That makes it really unreliable. At least it'll make a good rush card. GJ on giving more options to aggro, Blizz. It's as if aggro doesn't have enough options.

As much as I do enjoy Hearthstone, the lack of concrete wording irks me really badly. Other card games can do it, why can't Blizzard? Seriously...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@white: Well they kind of nerfed paladin secrets to the ground since you can't trigger them on your turn; new card is no different.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@white said:

@themasterds said:

I thought so. That makes it really unreliable. At least it'll make a good rush card. GJ on giving more options to aggro, Blizz. It's as if aggro doesn't have enough options.

As much as I do enjoy Hearthstone, the lack of concrete wording irks me really badly. Other card games can do it, why can't Blizzard? Seriously...

I HIGHLY doubt it would be a random one (or if it is, they'll change the text). I actually think they're very consistent when it comes to wording. If the effect hits random characters/minions, the card says so (see Arcane Missiles, Ragnaros, Tinkmaster Overspark, etc). If something can only hit creatures, the card uses the word "minion." If it can hit a creature or a player, the card says "character." And unless I'm mistaken, EVERY time a card affects a single target but doesn't specify which one, it means the player gets to choose what the target is.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By white

@bbalpert said:

@white said:

@themasterds said:

I HIGHLY doubt it would be a random one (or if it is, they'll change the text). I actually think they're very consistent when it comes to wording. If the effect hits random characters/minions, the card says so (see Arcane Missiles, Ragnaros, Tinkmaster Overspark, etc). If something can only hit creatures, the card uses the word "minion." If it can hit a creature or a player, the card says "character." And unless I'm mistaken, EVERY time a card affects a single target but doesn't specify which one, it means the player gets to choose what the target is.

Wrath.

Also, you can't perform actions on your opponents turn. Unless they decide to change the asynchronous style of the game and ruin their design philosophy.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: I'm not sure what the ambiguity is with Wrath. You choose to deal either 3 damage to a minion of your choice, or 1 damage to a minion of your choice and draw a card.

BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

@white: I'm not sure what the ambiguity is with Wrath. You choose to deal either 3 damage to a minion of your choice, or 1 damage to a minion of your choice and draw a card.

The ambiguity is that the second half of the choice just says "deal 1 damage," which in all other appearances on cards means it can target minions or players.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brg9000 said:

@bbalpert said:

The ambiguity is that the second half of the choice just says "deal 1 damage," which in all other appearances on cards means it can target minions or players.

Alright, that is a completely fair point. That isn't as explicitly stated as it could/should be (unless you CAN hit a player for 1 damage, which I doubt but have never actually attempted).

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't target a minion during your enemy's turn which is when the secret will trigger. Therefore you can't manually target it.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested to see what the wording on that card means, as well.

I've never found any of their other wording ambiguous, so I wonder if giving "the player whose turn it isn't" a five second window to choose a target (or else it randomly chooses) would be something they'd be willing to do.

Maybe trying a new mechanic like that with only one card would be their test case to see if people hate it? After all, there's exactly one card that replaces your hero, and one that imposes a shorter time limit on turns, so it's not like they're opposed to getting a little crazy in limited situations.

Looking forward to this expansion/update thing.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By white

@bbalpert: I was looking through the card database, and guess what? More poor/inconsistent wordings used.

• Druid of the Claw & Ancient of War - Why is the buff on AotW silencable while DotC isn't? Why not say "Transform into..." instead of what it currently says?
    • Lightwell - Doesn't say random, but the effect randomly selects someone valid.
    • Shadow Madness - Why do the minions not get summoning sickness like when used with regular MC or Cabal Shadow Priest? No such thing was stated on the card.
    • Betray - Why doesn't it get boosted by Spell Power while Blade Flurry does? Both are spells. Both do damage.
    • Ancestral Spirit - The effect is inconsistent with a similar card, Soul of the Forest. AS gives a Deathratte - so it should bloody hell say it does

The keywording is just poor. If "a" means random, why the need to specify the word "random" on top of it? Because it clearly is not all the time.

Lesson to be learnt here? If an effect's target is random, bloody hell Blizzard, put the word random there. It's not that hard. Use consistent keywording.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: Wrath was nerfed, long long ago; they just never changed the text on the second effect.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

@white said:

@themasterds said:

Given that Secrets can only trigger on your opponent's turn, and the core design of the game does not allow any player input on the opponent's turn, it would have to be random.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white said:

@bbalpert: I was looking through the card database, and guess what? More poor/inconsistent wordings used.

• Betray - Why doesn't it get boosted by Spell Power while Blade Flurry does? Both are spells. Both do damage.
    • Ancestral Spirit - The effect is inconsistent with a similar card, Soul of the Forest. AS gives a Deathratte - so it should bloody hell say it does

Betrayal specifically states that you are forcing the minion to do damage, not the spell itself.

And considering that there's a Legendary that gives you double-Deathrattles coming in Naxxramas, Ancestral Spirit not being a Deathrattle is an important distinction.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just thought of a combo: Noble Sacrifice -> Redemption -> Avenge in that order. 3 mana 4/3 soldier!

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: You brought up a lot of good points. I guess I was wrong about them being super consistent with their wording.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confirmed. Effect is random so says a Blizzard Community Manager.

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white said:

And considering that there's a Legendary that gives you double-Deathrattles coming in Naxxramas, Ancestral Spirit not being a Deathrattle is an important distinction.

Ancestral Spirit does give a minion Deathrattle, the card is not worded as explicitly as it should. And there was even confusion among the developers as to how to handle it with Naxxramus.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: 3 cards for a 4/3, so OP! It's like almost as good as a Succubus (the best card ever).

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white said:

Betrayal specifically states that you are forcing the minion to do damage, not the spell itself.

In both cards it says "...deal its damage...". In Blade Flurry, it means the weapon would do the damage. Why would the weapon also get boosted, then?

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty neat.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm excited. I'll be interested in the price. I've been saving gold for a few months and have over 3000 saved up. If it's only like $20, I may just buy it and drop the gold on packs.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The single player stuff seems cool, but I'm not all that jazzed by the cards they've revealed so far. Like, I was kinda hoping for more than "Here's a bunch of minions that all have some weird Deathrattle".

Pepipopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pepipopa

The single player stuff seems cool, but I'm not all that jazzed by the cards they've revealed so far. Like, I was kinda hoping for more than "Here's a bunch of minions that all have some weird Deathrattle".

I'm guessing thats not even 20% of the cards. Blizzard have done pretty good with Hearthstone. Hope they continue.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By C0V3RT
    @pepipopa said:
    @bisonhero said:

I'm guessing thats not even 20% of the cards. Blizzard have done pretty good with Hearthstone. Hope they continue.

The expansion is only adding 30 cards to the game and they've revealed 14. 21 neutral and 9 class cards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.