Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Gauging interest for a EU-server based Giant Bomb tournament post-Un'Goro

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I remember participating in a Giant Bomb Tournament a few years back. It was fun, but with Blizzard segregating your cards based on which server you play on, I had very limited options on the NA-server.

I propose inverting this, this time around. If there is enough interest (at least 8 participants) I will organize a tournament open to anyone on Giant Bomb, but it will be dueled out on the EU-server.

Rules

• All matches will be played on the EU-server.
    • Bracket tournament format. Winning a duel will advance you to the next section of the bracket.
    • Un'Goro release tournament. All your decks must feature a minimum of 7 Un'Goro cards. Consider yourself politely requested to add more than that, but due to the monetization and early release of Un'Goro, 7 is acceptable.
    • Conquest duel format. You must create a minimum of three and a maximum of five decks. You may not have multiple decks for any one hero. Best of five matches wins the duel. If you win a match in a duel, you may not use that deck for the next match in the same duel. If you lose a match in a duel, you may freely choose to enter the next match with that deck again, or switch to a different one.
    • After you have created your decks and you have had your first match, any decks you have used are locked in until the end of the tournament. You are not allowed to swap cards or classes.
    • You must post a card-list of the decks you have used. This also means if you have been winning with 4 decks, you can still keep one deck a secret until you use it. Consequently, this also means you can still create this deck later in the tournament if you never used it, but keep in mind you cannot use a hero more than once.
    • Once your opponent is known, you may contact each other through PM's (or by replying in this thread) to set up the duel. It must be completed within one week. The winner posts the results in this thread.
    • Give your opponent ample time to find room in their schedule, but let's all be reasonable. If you contact your opponent a day before the duel should be completed saying: 'hey, I'm ready to play right now', that isn't good enough. We will not be black and white about this, but as a general rule of thumb, you should try to contact your opponent 3-4 days after your opponent is made known at the latest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.