Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Hello Hearthstone 001 - A Weekly Series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I enjoy video games but I am not good at video games. There was a time, a very brief period in which I could dominate at Halo multiplayer, was decent at Call of Duty and could earn any given xbox achievement if I put some effort into it - and it wasn’t broken of course. Nowadays I seem to be terrible at most games even ones I was once good at. Case in point - Hearthstone.

Now don’t get me wrong I really do enjoy playing Hearthstone and even have some combos and strategies to employ in a given match. Unfortunately, as often is the case in my life, fate seemingly decides to kick me while I’m down (because that’s what heroes do) and also lock luck away like some form of Hugo and only sparingly allow him sunlight and a bucket of fish heads.

Recently I decided to dabble in Hearthstone’s Arena game mode (as I’ve been too scared to enter before) and managed to earn 2 victories before my quick demise and exit. I received a terrible booster pack of cards and a small amount of gold for my efforts but it managed to get its hooks in. So I want to get at least a little better and thought what better way than document a pathetic effort at doing so.

My current goals (as I’ll need some aim if I have any hope of getting better) are thusly:

1. Earn all the basic decks for all character classes - I’ve previously focused solely one the Mage class as I seemed to find a winning strategy briefly.
    2. Earn a free pass in the Arena - if I can guarantee my entry each time I enter into the mode then it I’m playing on the house’s money right?
    3. Spend no money on card packs. If I get “really” into the game and want to throw a few bucks to the developer then I’ll buy the expansions and maybe some other stuff but for until I reach the point of competency with the game I don’t intend to spend anything on the game. Sorry Blizzard.

So those are the above goals for what I’m aiming for and intend to start by accomplishing 1 and completing as many daily challenges as I can though my only current one is for winning 5 games with either the Druid or Rouge and I’ve not really settled into playing with either particularly well yet (currently sitting at 2/5 wins). Still I’ll aim to write these weekly or so documenting my thoughts and progress but for now thanks for reading and you earn extra points if you got any of The Simpsons references in the piece above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird - I asked it to be posted on the Hearthstone part of the site and yet it published on the general discussions bit.

Sorry Giant Bomb mods and thanks in advance if you move it as I can't seem too.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@freezyfrog: Moved it for you. Hopefully it worked this time. Lemme know if it continues to give you trouble.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Godspeed.

Also, nobody's luck should have to be Hugo.

A face only a mother could love.
    A face only a mother could love.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.