Death Knights are coming to Hearthstone but not in the way you expected.
Summary by Hearthpwn:
- The expansion releases this August.
- More card reveals will begin on July 24.
- We're getting 135 new cards.
- Everyone dies! Each of the original heroes has a Death Knight version of themselves. You change your hero into a death knight version of themselves by playing a special hero card. A new card type is being added that allows you to put Heroes into your deck. This is used for Death Knights.
- Your Hero Power will change when you change your Hero.
- A new mechanic is being added to the game called Lifesteal. When you deal damage with Lifesteal, your hero heals for the amount of damage dealt.
- The adventure portion of the expansion will be taking us to Icecrown Citadel.
- There are three wings followed by the final fight, The Lich King!
- You will earn 1 card pack for completing each wing.
- Completing the prologue of the expansion's adventure content rewards you with a Legendary Hero Card.
- A pre-order is available which will give out a sweet new card back - Frostmourne! This will cost $50.