Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Update: Tyrande Priest Promotion Revealed. You will need to sign up for Amazon Prime

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Acura_Max

A priest priest skin was announced with the new patch. So far, there is no word on how to get it other than it will be through a special promotion. I will update this thread when I find out what it is.

Update

To get the hero skin you will need to either sign up for Amazon Prime or use an Amazon Prime 30-day trial. After that you need to link the account to a twitch account. Currently, this promotion is for U.S. residents only.

Tyrande

• Source: Hero
    • Desc: Every Midsummer's Eve, night elf children gather in the Temple of the Moon for Tyrande's amazing planetarium show, "By the Light of Elune."\n\nAcquired from a special promotion

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tyrande better have Starfall

Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been messing around with priest for the past month, haven't played much of it before, and have come to the realization that their base spells are just sooo bad. Shadow word pain is good early, but if you draw it late it can just be a dead card. With other classes If you draw fiery war axe, frostbolt, wraith, ect. at least they can help take out late game minions. Shadow word death can be a dead card against aggro until its already too late. 5 mana is too much to be paying for a 2 damage aoe. Their card draw is bad combined with the fact that Priest is probably the class with the most wasted mana. If you could at least spend that mana on something like a nourish or cabilist tomb it would help a lot. Also since your removal is so situational you want to be drawing into your own deck, not stealing random cards from your opponent. I have never felt so helpless seeing an azure drake getting dropped on an empty board, and realizing that there is literally no spell in my deck that would deal with it in a reasonable manner.

To top it all off, even if the meta slowed down, priest is still incredibly weak to combo decks. They don't have enough pressure to finish the game fast enough and they can't heal above 30 hp.

If priest is ever going to have a deck above tier 4 they are going to need to print some ridiculously strong early game cards for them. Until then, I think I'm done with priest.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@noobsmog: I often wonder how Hearthstone would change if 30 were merely the starting life total, not the maximum life total. That way, early game Priest strats of:

• Turn 2: Hero power,
    • Turn 3: Hero power again, unless you draw Injured Blademaster

would be slightly better because it would be just like Warrior's Armor Up and Priest would be at 34 life. The arbitrary cap of 30 life is why so many classes are susceptible to 30 damage combos other than Warrior and Mage-with-Ice-Block. Maybe that no-maximum-life change would make Paladin way too good, but we'll never know because Blizzard is absolutely not going to change any of the fundamental properties of Hearthstone because it would take too much playtesting, and apparently there are only like two and a half people making Hearthstone so they only have time to design and test new cards, and no time to go back and reassess how busted some existing things are.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By papercut

This hero skin has been in the works for a while. It only coincidental that it's coming out after all the purify drama.

Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Noobsmog

@bisonhero I think it would be alright for priests hero power only to heal above 30. Besides the obvious point that warrior is just a better class, it could be justified because of shield slam and armor protecting from things like alex. But yeah, anything else healing above 30 would probably be broken with the current cards in the game.

edit: actually after more thought, I think it would be fine to heal over 30. It would make priest a little stronger and paladin better in control matchups, but that's about it? probably.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooo not going to lie that's a nice looking skin

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated with info. You need amazon prime to get the skin.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@acura_max: So definitely US only? Doesn't even work in the other countries where Amazon Prime is available?

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bisonhero: Yeah I'm from Canada and I tried about a half dozen times to connect my Amazon account to Twitch Prime and it refused to work. Eventually I temporarily changed my credit cards billing location to a US address on Amazon and that worked like a charm.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@bisonhero: Yesterday they launched Twitch Prime. Im in the UK and saw a banner on the home page. It offered me a 30 day amazon prime free trial through this promotion, so I took it and linked my accounts no problem. Got a code, put it in to battle net. Seems to work for me.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus I don't want Amazon anywhere near the content of games. I just want them to deliver them to me.

Something about making people sign up for an Amazon trial that charges you if you forget to cancel is really off putting to me. The fact that you can get it through the free trial doesn't make this any less uncomfortable to me.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero:The UK seems to be the only exception. So far, their statement on the matter is this:

@paulmako: Amazon actually was not as bad as I thought. As soon as you get the hero skin you can unsubscribe from the trial immediately. They will be really insistent on asking you to wait until the trial expires until you cancel the subscription. But if you cancel the subscription you still get the Prime benefits for 30 days and they don't charge you anything at the end of the month.

Here's a notification I got from them after canceling the trial:

No Caption Provided

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Welp, I'm not gettying Tyrande, it would seem.

Then again, after they just announced that you can't dust cards unless you already have one in your collection, I'm pretty much done with the game. Not being able to dust a trash legendary without already having one of them is horseshit.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jakob187 said:

Then again, after they just announced that you can't dust cards unless you already have one in your collection, I'm pretty much done with the game. Not being able to dust a trash legendary without already having one of them is horseshit.

This isn't the case. From the desk of Ben Brode:

"there is a rare edge case where your collection will show you have an extra copy of a card that you don't actually have. When players tried to disenchant that extra copy, it would dust the copy that they actually wanted to keep. We've added some protection against this. Sorry for the confusing patch note!"

From the comments on the battle.net blog, and also the main update thread on r/hearthstone.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187

@enemylandlord said:
    @jakob187 said:

"there is a rare edge case where your collection will show you have an extra copy of a card that you don't actually have. When players tried to disenchant that extra copy, it would dust the copy that they actually wanted to keep. We've added some protection against this. Sorry for the confusing patch note!"

From the comments on the battle.net blog, and also the main update thread on r/hearthstone.

Directly from their Facebook blog:

• You will no longer be able to disenchant extra copies of cards that are not part of your collection.

So I don't know.

Then again, I haven't had the opportunity to get on and check it out yet (if 6.1.3 has dropped, not sure), so for all I know, that's not accurate...buuut that's what they posted, so it's what I have to go on.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@jakob187 said:
    @enemylandlord said:
    @jakob187 said:

Directly from their Facebook blog:

• You will no longer be able to disenchant extra copies of cards that are not part of your collection.

So I don't know.

Then again, I haven't had the opportunity to get on and check it out yet (if 6.1.3 has dropped, not sure), so for all I know, that's not accurate...buuut that's what they posted, so it's what I have to go on.

If you get a card, then it's part of your collection, so you can dust it, right? The wording makes sense to me. I just dusted all copies of the nerfed cards without a problem.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spunkyhepanda: Then it could just be super poor wording. I'll get on today and find out.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.