Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Why is this deck not eligible for Standard?

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Please ignore the pros and cons of this deck specifically but why is it not eligible for Standard? I'm pretty sure that there isn't a card from the sets that have been rotated out but please enlighten me - thanks.

arcane missiles x2

Breath of Sindragosa

Mana Wyrm (x2)

Mirror Image

Arcane explosion x2

Arcanologist x2

Doomsayer

Frostbolt x2

Sorcerer’s Apprentice

Acolyte of Pain

Arcane Intellect x2

Frost Nova

Mirror entity

Cone of Cold

Fireball x2

Ogre Magi

Polymorph x2

Water Elemental

Cryomancer

Faceless Summoner

Kabal Crystal Runner

Flamestrike

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah, I don't know? I just made this exact deck and it's fine. Are you sure you didn't leave a card out? That's the only thing I can think of.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Try copying the code and then pasting it as a new deck to see if that fixes it, and of course make sure the deck is set to Standard and not Wild.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rokkaku said:

Please ignore the pros and cons of this deck specifically but why is it not eligible for Standard? I'm pretty sure that there isn't a card from the sets that have been rotated out but please enlighten me - thanks.

arcane missiles x2

Breath of Sindragosa

Mana Wyrm (x2)

Mirror Image

Arcane explosion x2

Arcanologist x2

Doomsayer

Frostbolt x2

Sorcerer’s Apprentice

Acolyte of Pain

Arcane Intellect x2

Frost Nova

Mirror entity

Cone of Cold

Fireball x2

Ogre Magi

Polymorph x2

Water Elemental

Cryomancer

Faceless Summoner

Kabal Crystal Runner

Flamestrike

Kabal Crystal Runner and Cryomancer might be considered Wild format now that year of the raven has started.

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cards don't cycle out until the first expansion of the new cycle hits, which hasn't happened yet. What Mike said is probably the answer.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BisonHero

Also, if you're in "Wild" mode in your collection when you make the deck, it flags that deck/deck slot as being "Wild". I think it stays as a "Wild" deck unless you specifically hit the "convert to Standard" button. Look at the deck in your collection: if it has the vines/roots around it, then you've flagged it as a Wild deck even though you ended up putting 30 Standard-legal cards in it. If the deck has the vines/roots around it, the deck is considered Wild, and you will not be able to choose it for Standard matchmaking, even if all 30 cards are Standard-legal.

I believe you can't make a deck that is legal in both Wild and Standard. The deck slot can be flagged only as Wild OR Standard, even if you end up putting 30 Standard-legal cards in it which technically means it should be valid in both formats.

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the responses, will make a new deck and hopefully that will work as suggested.

Also, I've just got back into Hearthstone and am playing Mage (previously Warlock) - any tips for a decent midrange type deck that isn't too expensive and isn't shoe-horned into a particular play style? I've got about 3500 dust 'floating' about.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rokkaku: I just came back to hearthstone after a year break and I think I'm gonna save my gold and dust until the new expansion. I think it's out in a couple of weeks. Once I dust all my wild cards I should have enough dust for a couple of decent decks.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rokkaku said:

Thanks for the responses, will make a new deck and hopefully that will work as suggested.

Also, I've just got back into Hearthstone and am playing Mage (previously Warlock) - any tips for a decent midrange type deck that isn't too expensive and isn't shoe-horned into a particular play style? I've got about 3500 dust 'floating' about.

I'm currently running this in standard and run in the low to mid teens for rank.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#44:2;49:2;177:2;274:2;276:1;522:2;595:2;598:2;35244:2;42028:2;49734:2;61810:1;61822:1;61825:2;62848:2;76908:1;76910:1;76934:1;

It's a pretty good deck but I mostly play it for a fun as it's a lot of fun just wiping out big drops in a single turn. With 2 shatters and at least 8 different ways to freeze something until you get Frost Lich Jaina out you can have a ton of control on the table. RNG hurts as there are times that you really really need a frost nova or a flamestrike and they are the bottom of the deck. Getting Jaina out can be a pain sometimes as her high cost can make control the board or playing her the ultimate decision.

I like Sindragosa with Frost Lich as when you play Sindragosa you get two 0/1 frozen creatures on the board that can be turned into 3/6 elemantals with your Mage power if Frost Lich is in play.

Sindragosa and Jaina would be 3200 dust though and maybe not worth it. If you want an alternative to Sindragosa you can build Anomalus for some board clear and additional life steal but I like the chance for two random legendaries even if they are garbage.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BisonHero

@rokkaku said:

I'd wait a couple weeks until the new expansion comes out (it comes out this month sometime). It's hard to say, but some of the new cards may be worth crafting, and/or they may make old cards less desirable. Then take a look at what people are playing in Standard/Wild, and see if they any of those deck styles appeal to you and the classes you like to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.