Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy

Character » appears in 9 games

The Heavy Weapons Guy or just “Heavy” for short, is one of nine character classes in the Team Fortress franchise. He is slow but powerful and can take a lot of damage. His main weapon is a minigun.

I realized my favorite class is the heavy

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Brians

So, I just bought TF2 during the Thanksgiving steam sale. Trying out all of the classes I was unsure of what class I like to play. It turns out I am pretty decent when paired with a medic playing a Heavy as a newbie to TF2 I seem to do pretty good so I plan to do more playing with the Heavy.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BombKareshi

The Heavy is love when you have a dedicated Medic. As you spend more time playing Heavy, focus on learning ways to better protect your Medic, and try to pick up the nuances of using your ubercharge time to its best effect. Learn to prioritize targets that pose the greatest threat to your Medic. This will make you a more appealing choice to Medic players, and it's good for boosting you and your partner to the top three on pubs. Also, try to find a competent Medic.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

My favourite class was the Medic most of the time, I loved latching on to a heavy and spending the whole time dodging enemy fire. I really need to get back to that game but my laptop dosent play it well enough to let me dodge enemy fire.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brians

Yeah as my time tonight went on I got really good at protecting my medic most of the time.  I got the achievement 1000 damage in one round by protecting my medic well.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benpack

I too loved the medic, then the pyro for a pretty long time, then me and a buddy rolled out with him playing the medic and I as a heavy, and it was so goddamn fun.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ShadowKnight508

The Heavy is the funnest character to play on Team Fortress 2 when you have a decent medic helping you out. Not only are his weapons powerful and easy to use (especially the Natascha), but he has some of the best one-line comments of all of the characters.

No Caption Provided
    BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BombKareshi

Another thing that helps you become a better Heavy is to swap roles a little. My main class is Medic, so when I play Heavy, I am aware of the wants and needs of my Medic (no sexual undertones, I swear). Of course, that all falls apart when I have a Medic that doesn't know what he's doing, but hey, that's why it's Team Fortress, right?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brians
    @BombKareshi: Thanks for the advice I have tried a medic before but never specifically paired with a heavy might try that some time this week.
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGremp

Yeah, the heavy is pretty fun when you have a good Medic buddy, although I personally can't stand the slow movement.  I'm more of a Scout player since I grew up playing Quake, and I'm more of a twitch player.

The sad thing is that Scouts have a reputation for being morons.  I die a little on the inside every time I see a Scout run head-first into a heavy/medic combo, neighbored by a level 3 sentry.  Pick your fights, people!  It seems like most scouts think they're invincible or something.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BombKareshi
    @TheGremp said:
    " Yeah, the heavy is pretty fun when you have a good Medic buddy, although I personally can't stand the slow movement. "
    I recommend the Gloves of Running Urgently.
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGremp
    @BombKareshi said:
    " @TheGremp said:
    " Yeah, the heavy is pretty fun when you have a good Medic buddy, although I personally can't stand the slow movement. "
    I recommend the Gloves of Running Urgently. "
    Yeah, I use those whenever I go Heavy, but it just doesn't feel the same.  I just love swarming around enemies like a flea that just won't go away.  I've been known to be extremely annoying as a Scout because of how sporadically I move, especially with the double jump.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Rockdalf

I too started with Heavy, then moved on to Spy and now my fascination is with Pyro. 

I love me some pyro.

Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mechwing

These days, the only reason i pick heavy is to Taunt kill people. its So beautiful when u get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.