momentarylogic's Hellgate: London (Collector's Edition) (PC) review

Avatar image for momentarylogic

Strange Cargo

Both myself and a friend were having a great time with the game, until we hit the official forums. For some reason, they just make you want to quit in spades. Now, I'm not saying I (or my friend) are easily swayed. I am saying that the forums for HG:L are a mystical black void where very few return from unscathed.

The game has it's bugs and flaws sure (the only reason the game lost a star), but what other game integrates RPG skill-like progression, modifiable weapons, unique offerings regarding game mechanics, and free multiplayer? The first run of the game will last about 30-40 hours, and it certainly doesn't end there..