Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Infernal Shrines battleground goes live today

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Today the 9th Heroes of the Storm battleground, the Diablo themed Infernal Shrines, goes live. In this battleground shrines activate periodically and spawn demons. The first team to kill 30 demons gets a Punisher. Punishers are big huge boss monsters who, unlike previous bosses in the game, actively pursue heroes.

For the first week there'll be a temporary limited map pool of 6 battlegrounds, those being Infernal Shrines, Battlefield of Eternity, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Sky Temple, Cursed Hollow and Dragon Shire.

I'm pretty happy with that set. Of the previous 8 those are the 5 I'd choose. Plus new battleground will hopefully be fun.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I love the tile set for the Diablo themed maps, however that last one is my least favorite map to play. The fight around the immortals takes way to long, especially in the early game where respawn times are low.

Seen a couple games of this and it the map definitely seem like an improvement design wise. Also the Objective minion having 3 variations is a nice touch too.

Hoping the next maps will be Protoss themed.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bah. I'd take the Garden of Terror or whatever it's called over Dragon Shire.

In any case, this new one sounds cool.

groundbeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ooh thanks for the heads up DS when it didn't show up yesterday I thought they were delaying it another week.

dahnosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty excited for this new map -- especially since my least favorite map (mines) will be out of the rotation for a while. Do we know when Rexxar is coming?

groundbeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexxar supposedly week of Sep 5th...

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coincidentally I checked my HOTSlogs (which is a site that tracks your stats if you upload replays to it), turns out the three battlegrounds that are excluded are the three I have the worst record on. Pretty great for me then!

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only played two games on it and yeah, seems very snowbally. Needs tweaking I think. First game I played was a mess. Lost all the shrines, lost 10 minutes in. The objective is very hard to stall in that you can't really stall it out. Super hard.

Second game was a custom game with HL type drafting. Was a lot closer and, at the same time also reap convincing. They first picked Anub so I grabbed Leoric and a teammate grabbed Johanna later. Those two can get Demon Kills like nobody's business. Was fun for our team!

We'll have to figure out this map in the future. It's a bit hard to recover currently. No one knows how to deal with a Punisher yet.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going by the official forums this map seems really hated lol. Then again official forums are always cesspools of negativity.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@themasterds: I feel like one team's composition is usually just objectively better at dealing the requisite AoE while also tanking hits from the enemy team, and that team just mops up the shrines every time. It's like a more annoying Haunted Mines, because at least on HM (or Garden of Terror or Tomb of the Spider Queen) you could spread out, and it counted for something even if you only got 10-40 skulls/seeds/gems.

On the new map, getting second place on the objective counts for fuck all, like on Dragon Shire, because you get nothing. If you get the objective, it seems way better than a Dragon Knight at creating a fairly lengthy opening for your whole team to push one lane really hard.

I've yet to see a match on this map that wasn't wildly one-sided.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: My game with Leoric and Johanna wasn't WILDLY one sided, the other team fought back and pulled off a few clutch team fights, but it was still reasonably convincing.

Biggest issue is the objective cannot be stalled and, once it's done, the team with better team fighting gets a boss who specializes in team fighting. Cleans up teams who try futally to stall it out weakening themselves in the process.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@themasterds: We might be overreacting, but I do feel like this is the worst tuned new map in a while. I think it's silly that the shrines are such a cramped space, when they could be the size of the temples in Sky Temple. It's a terrible place for a team fight over these stupid little zombie dudes, with everybody intentionally and unintentionally body blocking allies and teammates alike.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Today the 9th Heroes of the Storm battleground, the Diablo themed Infernal Shrines, goes live. In this battleground shrines activate periodically and spawn demons. The first team to kill 30 demons gets a Punisher. Punishers are big huge boss monsters who, unlike previous bosses in the game, actively pursue heroes.

Frankencastle character confirmed?!?!

No Caption Provided

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Yeah, I feel a big part of it is that the demons are each individually super insignificant. Like it feels like they take fewer hits than the Miners from Mines or the Plants from Garden. I'd rather they be more beefy like the Guardians of Sky Temple but I dunno. Maybe a map that rewards AOE so heavily is okay? Battlefield of Eternity rewards single target damage, why not a map that rewards the opposite.

I'll say this. I've only played 2 games on the new map since release. We'll probably get used to the map and then they'll tune it a little bit when it's become no big deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.