Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hideki Kamiya

Person » credited in 19 games

The creator of the Devil May Cry franchise. Also the director of Resident Evil 2, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101, and Scalebound.

Kamiya is officially tired of being asked about Bayonetta on Playstation

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

Honestly I bet he's just straight exhausted of asking about this. I mean, I really wish Horizon and Bloodborne would come to Steam, but it's not like I'm going to go ask their developers about it, since obviously Sony is the one who would be making those decisions. It must be frustrating when people don't understand that publishers call the shots here.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Doesn't everyone already know about the whole Bayonetta 2 situation? Don't bug this guy about it, go and annoy Microsoft and Sony if you want the franchise back so badly. Or, if this game is so important to you that you'll endlessly bother this guy, maybe just bite the bullet and oh, I don't know, actually buy the console it's on.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MindBullet

Kamiya has been on a blocking spree for a while. At one point he was just asking people to tweet at him so he could immediately block them. To be fair, it was after he made some comments about Devil May Cry that got some people riled up, but Kamiya being spicy on Twitter is just kind of his default state.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

All we need now is for Nintendo to revive Scalebound.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Is this confirmation Mario Kart PS4 is coming, Kamiya?

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Amazing.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Ninty a widely used nickname for Nintendo in Japan?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Isn't Kamiya's whole Twitter shtick to be pissed off and tired, just in general? I don't know if there are more than a handful questions you could ask him without getting a dismissive answer or straight up block.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@rorie: I think a lot of people know but they hope maybe Kamiya has some inside track information. I mean I know that any Sony funded stuff is forever trapped in that universe and it's a similar case for Nintendo, but Nintendo has been making some radical moves lately so who knows. As a person that is not going to shell out money for a Nintendo platform just to play two Bayonetta games the franchise might as well have ended at first entry so I'm with the folk out there craving a new one of those on a modern console or PC especially since that Bayonetta 1 port for PC was pretty solid. (Also YES I realize there are plenty of quality games on that system that people enjoy but for third party games I have a PS4 and a great PC, and I honestly don't care about Nintendo first party.)

I'm actually struggling to think of the last good, or basically any character action game released in the past few years that isn't Bayonetta or DmC and I'm coming up blank. The genre is definitely in a rut.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Why do people still give Kamiya shit/say ignorant/wrong things to him on twitter? He's infamous for blocking people and being sick of peoples shit for ages...I guess I forget that there's still 14 year olds who don't understand why Mario isn't on Xbox, but still. To be fair I would never even think to tweet at him almost anything because it feel inevitable he will block you.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kamiya and Harada are probably my two favorite developers when it comes to responding to fans because it always feels like they're one step away from saying some shit like "NO, YOU DUMB FUCK." And, honestly, I kinda wish they would sometimes.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity: Metal Gear Rising, Killer is Dead & Anarchy Reigns all came out the same year as DmC. (I know a lot of people werent fond of the latter two but I enjoyed them) Bayonetta 2 is much better than all of them though and I expect Bayonetta 3 to raise the bar even further.

Everyone who was making those kinds of games moved to souls style games though unfortunately. (I like the genre but I also like tight action games that arent stat/loot based)

I feel like Kamiya was made to have a Twitter account against his will for business reasons and is treating the situation with the tact and respect it derserves. Platinum have their own account and questions like this should be directed there.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@humanity said:

I'm actually struggling to think of the last good, or basically any character action game released in the past few years that isn't Bayonetta or DmC and I'm coming up blank. The genre is definitely in a rut.

The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Metal Gear Rising, Transformers: Devastation.

There has been plenty good "character action" games since Bayonetta.

And DmC is not one of them.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hakunin said:
    @humanity said:

Are you saying it's not a character action game or that it's not a good one?

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hakunin: I can't point my finger to a reason why, but somehow I believe you might be a little bit p+ biased here.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Zelda is coming to PS4 !

thanks Hideki Kamiya !

Yeah the wonders of social media i guess. Your gonna get boddert by everyone on the internet.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Right, but you're a sensible person who understands how these things work. Other people are not and don't take the couple of seconds to think about it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hakunin said:
    @humanity said:

Are you saying it's not a character action game or that it's not a good one?

Either one can't be true because Transformers Devastation is not a really good game, O-K at best, but not Platinums best effort.

Overall I didn't realize people were still upset with DmC.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll admit: I would have been one of those assholes bugging Kamiya about Bayonetta 2 being a WiiU exclusive 'cause the first game was on PS3 and 360'. But I've come to terms with Bayo being a Disney princess of Nintendo. Shit sucks, but there are other princesses in other castles, one in particular wears a maid uniform.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this has been his go to move for fans pestering him on twitter for a while now.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ripelivejam

This just reminds me how often I'd see people be enthralled time and time again with great games on the Wii U, only to go, "I'm never going to play thia cause it's on the Wii U."

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Humanity
    forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still bug him, huh?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please tell me rt stands for real talk and not retweet or something.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@hakunin said:
    @humanity said:

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance was four years ago. The Wonderful 101 and bayo 2 seem great, but having been exclusive to the Wii U(which has sold about as much as half of what the Gamecube did), not a lot of people have gotten to play them. Devastation is decent. But it's not really an amazing game.

There have been slim pickings for fans of the genre. Whenever I've brought this up lately someone just tells me to play Icey instead.

Anyway, I totally get Kamiya. What do you think he's gonna do if you bother him enough? It's stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.