Himeya Soft, Inc. USA was the North American branch of Himeya Soft, a Japanese adult video game distributor that published several adult PC titles. The US branch was founded in March 1998 in California and was responsible for localizing several titles created by Himeya Soft's C's Ware subsidiary along with other adult titles . Some of the first games they published include titles such as Amy's Fantasies, Love Potion and KOTOBUKI . Perhaps the most famous game released by the company was the English version of Eve Burst Error, a command-based adventure game designed by the late Hiroyuki Kanno and the only non-adult title published by Himeya Soft.
Himeya Soft USA also operated an online store that opened in August 1998 and began business in earnest around March 2000 where they sold their own titles as well as various imported Japanese media . Later on the store was reopened under the name HimeyaShop sometime in 2005 and in 2008 a second store called ErogeShop was launched that sold adult products exclusively .
The last video game to be translated by Himeya Soft was Eve Burst Error's sequel called Adam: The Double Factor in 2001. In 2010 Himeya temporarily closed their online stores in order to reorganization their business to deal with the yen's rapid appreciation . However, the stores never reopened and Himeya Soft's Japanese branch filed for bankruptcy in 2017.
- Mystic Weaver - An online RPG developed by C's Ware that was advertised to be released in English on Himeya Soft's US website .
External Link and Sources
- Official Website (1998, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2010)
- Storefront (2002, 2005, 2010)
- ErogeShop (2008)
- Himeya Update History 3/24/2000 - 12/14/2000 (Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3)
- About Page
- List of Himeya Products (Mainstream 2000, Adult 2000, 2001)
- Himeya Soft Inc Company Profile and History (2014)
- Densetsu Review: Amy's Fantasies (Eimi To Yobenai De) by Mike - Mentions that the game was published in 1998 in the US.
- Densetsu Review: Love Potion by Staisen - Mentions that the game was released in 1998 in the US.
- Himeya Soft Mainstream Games September 1999 - States that Eve Burst Error is on sale now in September 1999. Mentions that Eve was delayed and "Coming Soon" in February 1999, so the game was released between those dates.
- Immortal Study 1 is not mentioned in Himeya's Update History between 3/2000 - 12/2000 and is not listed on their site in the 2000s. So it must have been released between 1998-1999.
- Densetsu Review: Glo-r-ia by Mike - Mention that the game was published in 1999 in the US.
- Densetsu Review: Divi-Dead by Mike - Mentions that the game was released in the US in 1998.
- Himeya Product List 2001 - Mentions that ADAM: The Double Factor is releasing on August 22, 2001.
- Himeya Update History Vol.2 (2000) - Mentions that the game was added to Himeya's US online store on July 4, 2000.
- Anime Nation Immoral Study Product Page (1999) - Game was added to catalogue around October 1999 so the game may have released around that time.
- The Maid's Story appears on Himeya store in 2000 but is not mentioned specifically on the site's update history, which starts in March 24, 2000. However, the game does not appear to have been released in 1999 because it does not show up in Anime Nation's online catalogue in 1999, only appearing around June 2000. So Maid's Story was most likely released sometime in 2000.
- Mystic Weaver Official English Website (Japanese Site).
- Eve Burst Error was originally planned to be released in January 1999 according to magazine advertisements (Source).