Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A direct sequel to 2016's Hitman once again sees Agent 47 jet-setting around the world to assassinate his targets and features a new solo or online co-op mode, Hitman: Sniper Assassin.

Changes/Improvements you’d like to see

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While waiting for Hitman 2, I’ve been replaying (and greatly enjoying) the last one over the last two weeks. But I’ve also been reminded of some of it’s frustrating little things on the way.

Being able to cancel out of certain actions would be great, like overflowing a sink or opening a door with a crowbar, which can be especially frustrating when there’s an ncp standing next to you *and* you actually did have the key but were in a hurry and picked the wrong option.

Do you have any gameplay additions/quality of life improvements in mind that you’d like to see in the sequel? Even if it meant that there’d be less fumbling around in Hitsmas 2018 (which I expect to occur)?

cheburashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some clarification as to why some dudes of the same disguise will detect you and others don't. Is it that they are supervisors? Or extremely knowledgeable on the staff at any given moment? I get why a disguise isn't 100% stealthy, but some way of differentiating who would recognize you would be nice.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheburashka: The ones that will recognize you will have white dots over their head to identify them if you use your Hitman vision. If you don't want to use that or any of the other tells (the bar filling up that someone is detecting you) I don't think there's much of a way to spot at a glance who might spot you and who won't.

I think it's just meant to be that the person who spots you happens to know the staff and doesn't recognize you. Them being a supervisor or just a member of staff who knows everyone else is sort of just fluff I think.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The biggest gripes I had with Hitman 2016 they already appear to be addressing with what has been shown of 2. Things like bringing back Picture in Picture, the brief case and hiding objects in other objects as well as events being less reliant on the player to trigger them but instead organically happening. Apparently they even brought back my preferred surveillance camera mechanic where there can be an NPC physically watching the feed and can totally blow your cover rather than just a point deduction unless you destroy the evidence.

The one that I really hope is changed from 2016 is randomised NPC head movement. It causes massive inconsistency in runs and its both tedious for funning around as well as when you're doing to optimise runs.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I’d just like to see a co-op mode in the most obvious way. Something that harkens back to Splinter Cell’s co-op, but with Hitman’s sensibilities.

Let players tackle single player hits together to just have some easy fun, and create scenarios that require coop and communication to work properly.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: Yeah, a co-op Hitman has been something that I've been dreaming of since the second game, even if it would probably require a lot of work to create scenarios around that. Though just bringing a second player into the normal game and not really tuning it in any way differently would also be fun and probably create some AMAZING Giant Bomb moments with Vinny, Dan and Brad going at it. Some type of 1vs1 PvP could potentially be great as well. Who knows, maybe the Ghost Mode is a sign of other things to come.

But as for other things, 47 could maybe use more mobility. I don't need a jump button, since that has never been a thing in Hitman, but being able to climb on more things (or maybe even crawl under things like beds and cars, in the vein of Amnesia/Outlast) could be fun. In relation to that, being able to break windows and climbing through ones that are low enough.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ivdamke said:

The biggest gripes I had with Hitman 2016 they already appear to be addressing with what has been shown of 2. Things like bringing back Picture in Picture, the brief case and hiding objects in other objects as well as events being less reliant on the player to trigger them but instead organically happening. Apparently they even brought back my preferred surveillance camera mechanic where there can be an NPC physically watching the feed and can totally blow your cover rather than just a point deduction unless you destroy the evidence.

As far as realistic improvements go, that about covers it. The briefcase especially was such a strange omission in the 2016 game, I loved messing around with remote mines+briefcase in Blood Money.

My armchair gamedesigner dream would be the ultimate social stealth game that adds basically an Alpha Protocol style dialogue system and just generally would be based more around dynamic interactions between 47s disguise, his in-game knowledge about the situation in a map/mission and the dialogue options you choose, plus a stat based system in the background (that can change depending on the situation, like e.g. different stages of alertness, distractions etc.) that decides whether an approach works on an individual npc under the current circumstances or not.

curiosus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The loadout inventory sorely needs a cleanup, I've probably gotten half the items from 1+2 maps and its already a mess. We need at minimum just a button to switch between available skins so there aren't 5 different coin skins taking up space. And preferably something to handle weapon mods, it could again just be a button in the menu that cycles between available options at least as a short-term solution. The disappearance of weapon perks from the UI is also a step back I feel now I have to inspect guns to see what level of scope it has.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like some of the iconography to be a little more obvious in places - specifically the squares for interacting with objects and the vision cone of cameras. The hollow square they have right now is a little too subtle in some instances, particularly where there is an object or action in an unexpected place. For the camera's I have trouble seeing the green "web" enough to understand whether I'm in or out of a camera's vision.

I also think they could stand to make it a little less titchy about where you need to stand to interact with things. I've definitely had instances of walking around and around looking for the one exact pixel the game want me to stand on to get the prompt to appear.

@elite49 said:

Anyone else dislike the new mini-map? In S1 it was Dark with Bright Dots and I think a little bigger, and in S2 everything is too white making it hard to see white icons.

I don't mind it, but I guess I never pay that much attention to the map. You might try looking at the options. I went in there the other day to turn off the difficulty indicator because I found it obnoxious, and it looked like there were a ton of UI customization options in there.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EthanielRain

@therealturk said:

For the camera's I have trouble seeing the green "web" enough to understand whether I'm in or out of a camera's vision.

It's been a while since I've played, but your brightness/gamma/whatever might be too high on your TV or game settings. I remember having a hard time with this, then getting a new TV & being able to see them way better just because it was darker overall.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elite49 said:
    @dudeglove said:
    @elite49 said:

Anyone else dislike the new mini-map? In S1 it was Dark with Bright Dots and I think a little bigger, and in S2 everything is too white making it hard to see white icons.

I prefer it being less of a thing. Other games in the past with detailed minimaps basically ruin immersion (i.e. why pay attention to what's going on in front of the player character when I can just follow the mega GPS). The whole point of Hitman is to examine your environment. That the minimap is telling me less (though more with the color coded yellow and red messages without interfering) is I think a step in the right direction.

Oh I'll most likely get used to it with how much I'll play it, but wasn't a fan at first.

I like options...I appreciated having all the help I could when I first started playing Hitman S1, but eventually turned almost all of those things off. No reason they couldn't have a "dark map" or such as an option :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.