Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A direct sequel to 2016's Hitman once again sees Agent 47 jet-setting around the world to assassinate his targets and features a new solo or online co-op mode, Hitman: Sniper Assassin.

I still need to finish the "first" game...

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know the levels from the first are in Hitman 2 with some enhancements, so is it worth playing them in Hitman 2 first? Are all the cutscenes intact? Would i be missing anything by not playing the original release first?

mavs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think you need to get all the unlocks from the first game again in the second game. So even if you played 3000 hours of Hitman 1, you'd still have to do everything again in Hitman 2 if you want to play with all of the toys.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

If you have the updated maps in Hitman 2, there's really no reason to go back to the previous game. The new maps act just like the old ones when it comes to playing through the story, so you can just play the whole thing through Hitman 2.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I would recommend playing through them in Hitman 2. They're great, and, as mentioned before, no progress carries over - so you may as well go through them in this. They are still great levels (some exceptions), so it's worthwhile doing it that way. I intend on revisiting them all again.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, that's probably how i'll do it.
    Despite being a huge Hitman fan i fell off of 2016 straight away, the series kept getting better and better up to Absolution (which i loved), then 2016 turned it into a flukey episodic sandbox devoid of narrative, ironically the design choice which brought so many new fans to the series, and even garnered it some game of the year awards, is the thing that pushed me away, but i'm due to give it another go... again... this will be the third time...

Loading Video...

Been playing this song in my head for 14 years.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally all that's currently missing is the special holiday mission which is just a reskin of the first map but christmas stuff on it. The escalations are also gone FOR NOW but IOI confirmed those are going to be rolled out over time.

Get hitman 2 and get the GOTY Legacy pack or whatever and go nuts! Play everything in order. No need to get the first game by itself.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: I can definitely get behind the small bits of fan service or references, it just feels a little hollow compared to prior games.

Stuff used to happen
    Stuff used to happen
    cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do the two training stages from Hitman 1 (the boat and the airfield) come over into Hitman 2? I'm guessing not?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frytup: Oh neat, thanks for the confirmation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.