Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A direct sequel to 2016's Hitman once again sees Agent 47 jet-setting around the world to assassinate his targets and features a new solo or online co-op mode, Hitman: Sniper Assassin.

PSA: None of your Hitman 1 unlocks carry over to Hitman 2

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

As someone who has spent >200 hours unlocking virtually everything in Hitman (2016), I remember being really happy when I heard rumors about a year ago that Hitman (2016) unlocks would be carried over to Hitman 2. However, this is definitely NOT the case.

To be clear, "none" is actually a bit inaccurate as I was given the following:

- A set of coins for achieving SA in a Hitman (2016) Elusive Target.

- Black winter suit for completing an Elusive Target in Hitman (2016)

- Aluminum Travel briefcase for playing Hitman (2016).

That's it. None of my suits are there (even though these were purely cosmetic), nor any of my unlocked items. I am displeased that they couldn't even give us the cosmetic items. Perhaps this has been common knowledge for a while but I wasn't aware.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From IO's own faq:

"Unlocks Transfer aka “What about my suits?”

Items and progression will not be directly carried over from HITMAN into HITMAN 2."

Here's a Reddit post from last month where it was already known: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/9pyd6u/hitman_2_legacy_pack_what_we_know_so_far/

And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/9pod2y/season_1_items_and_suits_will_not_carry_over_per/

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NeverGameOver

Ok so it was known in some circles a month ago but didn’t get nearly as much publicity as the previous mainstream “your stuff carries over” rumor did. Not everyone trolls reddit forums for hours or checks IO’s faqs. Most of us rely on the mainstream games press for news and I haven’t seen this mentioned widely in those locations.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never assumed your stuff would carry over, and I don’t frequent Reddit. Plus I remember IGN, Gamespot, and Giant Bomb all saying that just the levels carry over. Brad says it in the Quicklook too, I believe.

It sucks that the unlocks don’t carry over, but they didn’t have to include the old levels at all.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NeverGameOver

I mean, an IO employee literally said that unlocks would carry over about a year ago and it was reportedly broadly at the time, including on the bombcast.

Also failing to see the benefit of levels carrying over for people who already own the original game. The improvements are marginal. In fact, I’d probably rather they not carry over as it now means that I need to replay them to unlock the same content/trophies. It feels like padding.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Still a bit miffed that we don't get to keep the map exclusive Elusive Target suits at least.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Aw, you got my hopes up by bumping this thread. I thought that maybe someone was reporting that IO had fixed this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.