Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A direct sequel to 2016's Hitman once again sees Agent 47 jet-setting around the world to assassinate his targets and features a new solo or online co-op mode, Hitman: Sniper Assassin.

Will the "Hitman" app "absorb" Hitman 2?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have Hitman 1 on PS4 Pro. All of it, all the content. I really like how it's all accessible from the one Hitman application. All the content is displayed as tiles, including season 1. As we know now, they've ditched the episodic model and thus aren't calling Hitman 2 "season 2."

What I'm wondering though is when you install Hitman 2, will "Hitman" absorb it? If Hitman 2 is technically season 2, it seems like that would be the logical thing to do but I can also see why they have reason to separate the 2 games as their own thing. Just kinda awkward now that the first game will forever be "season 1." I've looked for information on other sites across the internet but I can't seem to find a definitive answer and was wondering if anyone here has seen anything on that.

The main reason I'm asking is because I recently got an Xbox One X, which evidently has a much better X patch vs. the Pro's. Native 4K, more stable framerate, all that. I'd like to just get Hitman 2 on X since it will probably be the better version but if the game has carryover features of some kind, then maybe I'd want to stick with PS4. I've also heard rumors that the carryover stuff will be tied to your IOI account and not the platform you're using. Has anyone seen any definitive info on this?

w00master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By w00master

Right now, all we know is that Hitman 2 is a separate game application. Whether or not this will bring in the game contents from Hitman is not known at this time. My gut tells me though that the episodes won't be but the items/suits/costumes could come over.

My reasoning on why the episodes won't be brought over is because there are gameplay elements in the new game that are not in Hitman. Example: suitcase. I really doubt that IOI wants to go back to the first game to rebalance/play test/etc. all over again. Now, in terms of story, I'm certain Hitman 2 is essentially "Season 2" of Hitman.

Again, at this point, it's anyone's guess.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

Well, they've at least looked into it, if this reddit thread is of any evidence.

No Caption Provided

Speaking of, I should really give the Xbox One X version a go, since they added Hitman to Game Pass.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: Thanks. And yes absolutely give it a shot on Xbox One X. they really put their all into that X patch

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.