Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 20, 2021

The third and final entry in IO Interactive's reboot of the Hitman series takes Agent 47 to all new locales including Dubai, England, Germany and China.

Access Pass Confusion

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hi there,

so right now in Europe Hitman 2 Gold is on sale via PSN for 19,99 €. I was planning on adding the earlier entries of the new Hitman trilogy to my copy of Hitman 3 with time, but the prices for the access passes are just insane ("Hitman 3 Access Pass" for Hitman 2 Gold is 99,99 €). What confuses me right now is that while Hitman 2 Gold as the original second game of the trilogy is now on sale, the "Hitman 3 Access Pass" for Hitman 2 Gold still isn't. So: Is there any difference?

I was under the impression that as long as you own the original games of the trilogy Hitman 3 should automatically give you access to them, so my guess would be that I can just buy Hitman 2 Gold for 19,99 € and get the same result I would also get if I bought the access pass, but I'd like to make sure I'm not wrong. So: Can anyone lessen my confusion? That would be great. :)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can confirm that it worked for me the way you think it should. I bought the original Hitman GOTY edition and Hitman 2 Gold and was able to import the levels into Hitman 3, though it was a bit of a pain (you have to download Hitman 2 and import the Hitman 1 levels then you can import Hitman 2 into Hitman 3 when they're both downloaded if I recall.)

I believe the reason that the prices are out of whack is that Hitman 3 is self-published, and when the prior publisher allowed IO to include the old content in the new game they probably did it under the condition that they charge full price for it (absurd given how old it is and from a prior platform) and not drop the price, so that people would buy the old games instead, like you intend to do.

I think the access pass is not actually intended to be purchased, it just has to exist so the important from the old games works.

But that's just my assumption. There are lots of guides on how importing works out there. I assume it still works the way it did at launch but maybe someone with more recent experience can confirm.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I also just bought Hitman 2 during that PSN sale. It'll import just fine. There's no need for that access pass.

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Knurrunkulus

Thanks for your replies, I bought Hitman 2 Gold and it worked like a charm.

Now I just need to decide if Hitman 1 is worth 29,99 € and if I want to add that by buying the Access Pass, because honestly I have a very hard time finding another, cheaper option to add Hitman 1 to my Hitman 3 copy. The PSN store can be such a mess. I seem to own some form of Hitman 1 on my account, but I'm pretty sure I never bought it, so it likely is the "free" version that was at some point released and only offers one misson or so? There seem to be several GOTY edition upgrades on the PSN store for Hitman 1, but all of them are listed as "not purchasable" for me. So: The Access Pass seems like the easiest option.

29,99 € is of course too much for such an old game, but hey: It's a good old game at least, so my money could be spent on worse. And it has Sapienza going for it.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@knurrunkulus: My understanding is that if you contact Sony support they can untag a game from your account so you can buy a different version (such as if you want to purchase a game you got through PS+ so you have a "permanent" digital copy.)

May be worth looking into that here. I think that the Hitman 1 GOTY version is pretty cheap (you can check in your region by logging out of the store to see the price) so while that's kind of a hassle to do, may be worth it to save 20 Eurobux or whatever it would be. YMMV.

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Knurrunkulus

@bigsocrates: The regular Hitman GotY Edition is actually not discounted at all at the moment in Europe and costs 59,99 €. Contacting Sony support seems like too big a hassle honestly, but maybe I'll just wait a bit longer until Hitman GotY goes on sale at some point in the future. And if that doesn't happen I can still buy the Access Pass then. It's not like Hitman 3 doesn't have enough content already now that all of Hitman 2 is in there as well (I just played the separate "sniper mode" for the first time and actually found it to be a lot more fun than I would have imagined). Thanks for your reply.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.