Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Tips for Purist players

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YOU_DIED

I ran across this tip after spending about an hour getting spotted by the guards on the walkway above the two platforms on Train Station (Run for Your Life chapter).

"Not being seen on this level is hell. To ease matters, it pays to learn the attention-avoiding spin. Basically, if someone is looking at you and you’re about to be spotted, you turn your back to them to stop it from happening, but here, commonly, as you make your way across the station platforms, you will be getting attention from many sides at once, especially on the more difficult settings.

You can avoid this by spinning once all the way around, taking a step in the direction you need to go, then repeating. Works like a charm at all difficulty levels."

Also, if you are trying to blend in with the crowd, try standing still, it seems to work better that way.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ghost_cat

Yeah that chapter is becoming a living hell for me, especially if you are trying to tackle it with only your suit (which is what I'm trying to do).

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

Well that sounds dumb

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By Soap

I wanted to do a purist playthrough, but thought it would be better to get a sense for the whole game first, so I'm making my way through on regular. Hopefully that will help me learn the areas and the locations of key stuff that will help, if not the patrol routes (I Imagine they change/add more guards)

Best of luck to you though!

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YOU_DIED

@Ghost_Cat said:

Yeah that chapter is becoming a living hell for me, especially if you are trying to tackle it with only your suit (which is what I'm trying to do).

Christ, you must really hate yourself.

@Soap said:

I wanted to do a purist playthrough, but thought it would be better to get a sense for the whole game first, so I'm making my way through on regular. Hopefully that will help me learn the areas and the locations of key stuff that will help, if not the patrol routes (I Imagine they change/add more guards)

Best of luck to you though!

The higher difficulties add a bunch more guards and you get spotted much easier. By that I mean the time between when they first see you and when they become alert is much shorter. On Purist you have no HUD, and thus no yellow arrows to tell you that you're about to get spotted, so you have to rely on the audio cues alone. Oh, and don't try to get into a fist fight with anyone on Purist either, the quick time event buttons disappear after a fraction of a second so you get your ass handed to you.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Pie said:

Well that sounds dumb

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Ghost_Cat said:

man, later chapters in the same style are much more fucked

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Ghost_Cat said:

Is that an achivement only wearing your suit?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ghost_cat

I don't know about steam, but it's an in-game achievement for every level, which can get pretty insane.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OfficeGamer

Like... they took the one basic thing that is in the DNA of a Hitman game, and the reason you buy a Hitman game, which is the challenge of operating without people knowing you exist, and they turned it on its head and made you a fugitive with a wanted face, playing 3 consequent levels where you hide and creep your way out of a big hunt. Innovate all you want, big don't give me Assassin's Creed in a Hitman box!

At one point there I forgot what I was playing and started looking for haystacks!

Thank you for the tip @YOU_DIED: I just spent the last 2 minutes making donuts like a disco dancer to break the line of sight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.