Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Franchise »

The Hitman games are a series of stealth action games, in which players are encouraged to use stealth and disguises instead of raw firepower (not that this isn't an option) to complete a level.

Hitman E3 2015 gameplay trailer

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yesterday we got an awesome cinematic trailer, and today we have a gameplay trailer. As a fan of the Hitman series, I am happy to see them return to the sandbox level set up of the games before Absolution. It looks to have the feel of Contracts and Blood Money, which I consider the best games in the series.

It also looks like Agent 47's face looks thinner and leaner than it did in Absolution. I like the new look of 47. I am also really interested to learn more about these limited targets that you'll be able to take down. I am imagining special contracts from IO that will only be available for a day or so, and if you complete them, you get awesome rewards. I am wondering if this new Hitman game will abandon the idea of an intricate story, and you'll just have an ever changing list of targets to take out. If they go that direction, I am even more interested in this game.

I can't wait to see more of this game, and it releases on December 8th! We don't have to wait much longer. What are your thoughts on the new Hitman? Also, does anyone know if they are considering this a reboot since it is only named Hitman?

Sorry this isn't on the wiki page for the actual game, it doesn't look like it has been created yet.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new 47 certainly does look quite a bit like 47 in that upcoming Hitman-movie.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also super excited it seems to be going back to the more open level feeling of the original games and not Absolution, I didn't hate Absolution, but it felt too linear and was just off, so it seems as though they are taking steps to rectify that, which is great, fingers crossed they stay true to what they are promising.
    The new contracts stuff sounds super neat as well, getting in, killing a guy, living with how you killed him and getting out sounds exhilarating. So excited.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wait, wheres the gameplay?

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Fuck. Yes. Glad to hear Contracts mode is back, because that has some awesome potential in environments that are less linear than Absolution. The short-time contracts thing is a cool idea as well, because making it to where you've only got a limited window to take out a guy will add a bit more of an assassin feel to it. Adding locations will be fun and good for extending the game's life as well. My only real concern is the day one game shipping a little light on content as a result and potentially turning off some people early/creating some DLC backlash. I'm completely on board, though, because when the Hitman games get it right, they really get it right. Looks like this is on the right track. Hype.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'm very excited for this. Sounds very interesting. Hopefully it plays how they describe.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kubqo: The entire trailer. It may not have he HUD or third person perspective, but that footage was all captured with live gameplay.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping they've binned or reduced the usage of the instinct meter. I'm fine with senior NPCs figuring you out rather than just everyone going, "Where have I seen him before?"

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Anyone else notice 47 is now using a matte black AMT 1911? I mean, that makes more sense than an assassin using a polished pistol, but it's a bit of a departure from the classic silverballers. No gloves, either. I guess these were stylistic choices to make 47 seem more basic. It's weird; they say this isn't a reboot, but everything about it screams that it is. 47 looks younger, is using different gear, the game is going back to the sandbox structure of old, etc. It seems like they're going the James Bond route of having 47 be "ageless" and get a fresher look every once in a while. I'm cool with this. Part of me hopes they throw in an upgrade on the .45s to "polished" or have him get them refinished during the story, though.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: I feel like the younger look and other visual differences are to make it somewhat, indirectly, tie into the new film. Sort of like how Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands wasn't a tie in, but the Prince had a new look, and wore the same thing as movie prince.

Hopefully David Bateson is still the voice actor.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I do like to see that they're favouring sheer sandbox gameplay over some bleh quasi-Robert Rodriguez plot. The annoying linearity and more traditional stealth gameplay of Absolution butchered what made these games so unique. Plus there were so many other issues such as, of course, outfits being broken, busted checkpointing, and even little things like not being able to look through door keyholes or there being no map icon differentiation between civilians and guards.

Also, we do have a page for the game, it's just not been renamed to just 'Hitman' yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.