Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Franchise »

The Hitman games are a series of stealth action games, in which players are encouraged to use stealth and disguises instead of raw firepower (not that this isn't an option) to complete a level.

Hitman games 80% off on steam & Contracts is back!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, apparently you can get the Hitman franchise bundle for $8.99 right now on steam. That includes:

• Codename: 47
    • Hitman 2 : Silent Assassin
    • Hitman Blood Money
    • Hitman Absolution

The 3rd game in the franchise drops on steam today after being pulled over music copyright issues. Contracts isn't on sale but its only $6.99 right now. If you're wanting to get into the hitman games now is the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which game should I pick up if I've already played Blood Money and Absolution?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@theveteran13: Personally, I like Contracts a whole bunch the first mission on that game "Meat King's Party" is so amazing. You go to this slaughter house where this guy is throwing this rave party for all these bondage fetishists. All while in the middle of this slaughterhouse with corpses of animals hanging from meat hooks. Its absurd and one of the more visually amazing Hitman missions. There are also some fun ways of dispatching of targets that I won't spoil. ;)

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akyho

Id say Codename 47 the first one. Its very much like Blood Money were you are dumped into a world and left to figure things out. It is very old now. However I find it far more playable than hitman 2. I do not know why but the sneaking in Hitman 2 is super slow and realy awkward to do anything. Atleast when I played it.

I have bit played Concracts in a long while, which that came before bloodmoney so its the more up to date ones. I cant remember the game mechanics.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad they brought Contracts back, it's the only one I never owned, kind of sucks that it's on on sale with the rest but 7 bucks isn't a bad price.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

Contracts hands down.

With all due respect to @akyho I played the original game at the time of release, so like real early 2000's, and maybe they patched it but even back then it was rough. I finished it because I fell in love with the idea of stealth by disguise and the whole concept of being a hitman. That said.. there are literally no checkpoints or saving mid mission - every single level had to be completed from beginning to end in one go, and we're talking about a somewhat clunky stealth game from the early 2000's. The later levels became increasingly maddening as you had multiple goals and multiple areas to visit, and it all had to be done without getting caught. Did I mention that the only silent weapon was the wire which you had to use while in stealth mode, and a lethargic turtle could outrun 47's stealth mode crawl.

It was an amazing concept and Hitman 2 proved as much with it's many helpful gameplay additions, but if you can get Contracts instead then I would suggest going with that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.