Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Elusive Target #4 The Sensation Re-activated

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

So since late last year the Elusive Targets have been brought back, and we are up to number 4 now. I was wondering what people’s different strategies for taking him out was?

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was my first elusive target and honestly I was pretty let down. Loved the main game and heard good stuff about these missions from the staff, but this specific target was just bad.

I poisoned his glass, and he never drank from it again. Tried distracting guards with coins and fireworks, that didn't work either. After restarting 7-8 times I just shot him in the head with a pistol and left in the chopper.

Please tell me the elusive targets get better down the line.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They seem to get more and more creative, I know that number 6 is a Twin, whom you have to murder without hurting his brother. They look identical except for one detail, the target wears a Golden watch which you have to look out for. It sounds pretty neat.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Relkin

Guy was a pretty easy SA. Went in once to find him and get a lay of the land, and then did the following upon restarting the level:

Started as one of the techs on the second floor, went to the room with the balcony overlooking the chopper and knocked out the waiter, taking his outfit and stuffing him in the closet. Went into the basement to quickly grab some rat poison and shoot the security station. I then ran to the party where the target was, spiked his glass of vodka moments before he drank from it, and then followed him away from the party as he sought a toilet/wastebasket. He ended up puking in a bin directly in front of a guard inside the mansion, but as he was returning to the party, I coined him off into a nook, snapped his neck and hurried to the chopper.

Not a good Elusive Target, I would agree; it felt like a pretty limited experience. Maybe you could get something started with the laptop playing music, but I didn't bother to find out which outfit could interact with it without raising suspicion. I would guess either CICADA guard or maybe even Tech.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I just waited until he had his back to one of the gardens, stood on the other side and shot him in the back of the head. Pretty lame for a first experience, and I'm not sure I'll remember to check back for the later ones either unfortunately.

I really ought to get around to playing the 3rd map onwards though.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@teddie said:

Yeah, I just waited until he had his back to one of the gardens, stood on the other side and shot him in the back of the head. Pretty lame for a first experience, and I'm not sure I'll remember to check back for the later ones either unfortunately.

I really ought to get around to playing the 3rd map onwards though.

You really should. I came back to it recently and finally moved past Paris and Sapienza. Marrakesh is outstanding, and Bangkok is pretty good, if not at the quality of the first three levels. I haven't seen Hokkaido yet, but I'll agree with the general sentiment that Colorado is the weakest level.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I poisoned his drink too, what I didn't expect was for him to go to a nearby dustbin and throw up as opposed to a toilet. I had to improvise, and lured him into the corner outside the big door near the photo shoot then fiber wired him. His body was well hidden enough there for me to quickly find an exit.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflamingo352: @teddie: This is not a good one because he doesn't do anything.

It makes me wonder if his scripting is broken. He drinks from a glass once, he makes a phone call once and then he just walks around, occasionally saying "bring me lobster" - which nobody actually brings. I went to the kitchen to see if there'd be a plate of it that I could poison but there's nothing out of the ordinary.

Ultimately like others - I sniped him from the buoy and left. Not very satisfying at all.

Other's are much better than this one.

@andythemez - Your best bet is to follow IO on twitter or grab the app for your phone to get notifications on the targets.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MillaJ
    @dudeglove said:

@relkin: Hokkaido is maybe the best level. I go back and forth as to whether Paris, Sapienza or Hokkaido are #1 followed by Bangkok, Morocco (which feels like two levels smashed together poorly) and Colorado (which sorta requires a lot of replaying to see all the exploits, whereas the others all feel like you drop in easily and do as you please). I think part of that has to do with the fact that Colorado isn't really based on a "real" location - it's literally a ramshackle camp in the middle of nowheresville and I wonder if the level designers struggled.

Have to agree Hokkaido is worth seeing. I feel like I started out with a bang on Paris and Sapienza and hit a slight lull until Hokkaido which is where the game totally hooked me. The middle chapters tend to float around as to how much I enjoy them.

And yea, this ET seemed kinda bad. He stood there drinking for the longest time doing nothing by the time I got to him. I dunno; I don't really like the ET concept anyway. Not a style of play that I come to the game for.

jgittins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hardest part for me was finding him. I was too slow to poison his drink and he didn't seem to move from the party, so I ended up just finding a spot where there was nobody to see me and headshotting him with the pistol before sprinting to the helicopter.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can also pick up the fireworks detonator to distract him, giving you enough time to poison his drink.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.