Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Guest Column: So Just Kill, 'Til the Next Episode

• 54 results
    Volt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Great piece on what I'd imagine has been on people's minds most of the year. I also now know about Star Arthur Densetsu I: Wakusei Mephius which is cool.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By burncoat

@mikelemmer: I agree, the episodic release definitely helped gear players towards a certain playstyle that makes the game more fun. I was excited to see what new maps would come out, what new gear will be unlocked, and what different things each Elusive target would bring to the game. I pushed myself to unlock everything so that I had every option available to me, but it didn't even feel like I was forcing myself after a while. By the time Hokkaido came out, going for Level 20 Mastery was incredibly fun.

Seeing Brad, Dan, and the rest of the crew stumble through the game is fun and hilarious at times, but seeing Brad get frustrated because he didn't learn parts of the game made me feel bad. I'm super glad he went back to it and devoted more time to learning how to be a Hitman and not just some blind man being directed around by a goofball. The episodic style benefits normal people who have the free time to experiment and learn the mechanics while waiting for the rest of the content, so it's hard to display this when you're playing at most a few hours every month.

I'm thrilled to see so many people agreeing that the content roll-out worked this time.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By MikeLemmer

@burncoat: One other detail I would note: Hitman's episodes were titled after locations, not chapters. "We are releasing a locale we can easily repurpose for different objectives/themes." It reminds me of Telltale's early strategy, back when it was making the Sam & Max series, of recycling most of its locations so they didn't have to spend time making new backgrounds for each episode.

larmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how do they maintain momentum between any game and it's sequel?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.