Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Hitman first mission is free

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/you-can-now-play-a-chunk-of-hitman-for-free/1100-6451054/

IO is desperate for players, guess I'll try it out

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE

Nice! I've been wanting to check this out, but my usual experience with Hitman games that aren't Absolution is "walk around for half an hour formulating a perfect plan, execute it well for 15 minutes, then fuck up and shoot literally everybody".

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

I think that's kinda misleading. The thing they're giving away is the training mission (fake yacht/fake airbase), which is more like a tutorial/prologue mission. I'd consider Paris the first real mission of the game.

The training mission being free is more like a free demo, back when games had free demos.

DocPorpoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

also the full first season is 60% off on xbox and ps4.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

The way they sold it by episodes, the prologue probably should have been free from the get go. -seems like people must be checking it out. I tried to check and see how much content was in the prologue, including escalation missions, and i couldn't connect to their servers...which is probably a bad look for people trying to play this single player game for the first time.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The training mission being free is more like a free demo, back when games had free demos.

Should have been the case all along.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bisonhero said:

Should have been the case all along.

Yeah, it's nuts that Hitman isn't "free to start" and let people download the training for free. Treating it like The Walking Dead Telltale game or something and requiring you to buy an episode to play any of it is stupid. Maybe the game would've sold better if it actually had a demo to show people how good it is.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah they really should have included Paris in this. What they are giving away is great, but after I played Paris I was 100% sold on whatever else they offered.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@bisonhero: If you are taking a risk with the format it makes sense. I think a key of the game is how well it plays. Maybe Square wouldn't let them, who knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.