Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hollow Knight

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 24, 2017

A 2D exploration action adventure game, developed by Team Cherry.

Where's the content?

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
    The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Surprised this hasn't come up on a UPF or Quicklook yet, other than the Bombcast there hasn't been anything on it. I'm guessing they're waiting for the Switch version to come out but goddamn I'd love to hear their thoughts on this.

I'm about 10 hours deep and it's incredible, can't recommend it enough. Hope the guys do something sooner than later because more people need to know about this gem of a game.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By InstantRyan

Based on the podcasts, sounded like it got pushed to Dan after Alex started it and it didn't click with him. Dan has been off in wrestling land so it could be why there hasn't been a QL yet.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jason mentioned they would record a quick look last week but that never materialised, and Alex briefly discussed it on the Beastcast. It doesn't seem like any of them like it very much which I find really strange because it's one of the best Metroidvania games in years. In fact pretty much the entirety of games media has just ignored Hollow Knight's existence.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's been a stacked quarter for games in general. With Yakuza 0, Nier, Horizon, Persona 5, and more hitting the shelves stuff is bound to get overlooked.

On the other hand, and on a more personal note, the words "hand drawn", "indie developed", "2D", "Dark Souls-like", "Metroidvania" just make my eyes roll and sigh "another one of those games".

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it kinda really apes the feel and look of ori and the blind forest, feels a bit bland and also-ran ish. seems to take its time to get going, too. not very special to me but hope it gets a quick look for those who want it bad, i suppose.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm playing it and planning on Quick Looking it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Anyone else see the name and think it was dlc for Shovel knight?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Wheres the Quick Look for Momodora? Some games just don't get a QL sadly, although good to hear that Alex is on the case in this situation

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bless you Alex. I was hoping for some kind of coverage of this game, glad it's going to happen. Personally I really loved this game.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
    The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmamud: Yup. Just heard it on the Beastcast and noticed it in the side bar. Sounded like he was into it from what he had to say on the podcast, glad they're shining a bit of light on this one, deserves it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff said:

On the other hand, and on a more personal note, the words "hand drawn", "indie developed", "2D", "Dark Souls-like", "Metroidvania" just make my eyes roll and sigh "another one of those games".

I'm half-onboard with this. I'll take a pretty looking 2D indie game that also plays well, but don't make me run around the world metroidvania style and all that. Just give me a linear experience with a solid-ish narrative, even if the game would end up being shorter because of that.

It's not exactly the same, but I remember being really dissappointed by Mercenary Kings not just being a pure Metal Slug game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.