Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Homefront (PC) Multiplayer: "Entering Game..." Issue.

Avatar image for marcusravenheart
    marcusravenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marcusravenheart

Several people have been mentioning this issue recently. I was wondering if any fellow GBers had this issue and found a work around.  Basically I am unable to connect to any multiplayer games in my PC version of the game.  The symptoms of the problem are fairly strait forward.  When I select the multiplayer section of the game; Under the Join game section I am offered a fully populated server list with 200+ dedicated servers.  I am able to click on any of these servers and "join" them either by double clicking their name or by clicking the appropriate button in the menu.  On doing so a typical box will open saying "Entering Game..." ; this box will remain on the screen for around 20 seconds before simply vanishing in most cases.  On some rare occasions the server will be found and I will be rewarded with a short video explaining the game mode's parameters and rule sets.  However promptly after watching these videos the screen will return to the server selection list and inform me that connection to the server has been lost.  I tried the alternate method of connecting via a "quickplay" option only to find that the game will "find" a server, then connect me to an endless loop of a loading screen until the game is forcefully terminated.  Other websites have had documented cases of people with similar issues.  However no answers have been provided or work-arounds.  Since I have had good luck with Giant Bomb in the past with the community solving issues like this I figured I would give this a shot here. 

To help here are some of the things I have verified.  
    - My computer meets the recommended hardware specifications for the game.
    - My NAT settings are correct on my router and modem. 
    - I used Steam to Purchase,Download, and Play the Game. 
    - My internet connection  is currently pushing 10mbps and is not occupied in any way. 
    - I have reset my computer multiple times, as well as checked drivers for updates. 
    - I am not suffering a glitch related to a mouse or Joystick being plugged into my PC. (That glitch does not allow you to select or click on server names.) 
    -  I have successfully played the single player portion of the game. (Completed it as Well) 

If you have this issue, please feel free to offer any information you may have.  If you know of a workaround please post it here.  All assistance is appreciated. 

- Marcus Ravenheart

blackndwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By blackndwolf

i do not know if you are still having the same problem but i think its just they didnt get enough severs because a lot of us here on the consoles for this game are having a lot of problems playing and even when we do a lot of the time we have one signal bar and there is like one guy who has 3.  Its a new game just hopefully it will go down when they get more servers. and yes i made this account just to let you know your pain is shared by others lmao

Avatar image for marcusravenheart
    marcusravenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marcusravenheart

I wish this was true, however this doesn't seem to be a "server" issue or lack of server issues.  This is a game issue.  It is a glitch/bug.

hapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hapa

I'm running win 7 64 bit... I have the same problem as you..exactly!..... i was able to get into 1 multiplayer game ....  after that .. My symptoms are the same .  I have reloaded many times... recently upgraded CPU / motherboard/ memory to no avail...
    I've asked steam for my money back or a credit..      I can't believe how slow they are to  respond
    Its not the lack of servers...its is a game bug!    

hapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hapa
    @marcusravenheart:
    I found my problem....    My dsl broadband router (comtrend)... was not letting me out to play the game.  i opened ports 2700 thru 2900.. then it worked....!!! 
    I have never had to do this for  any game i have owned... good luck...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.