Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

The Multiplayer isn't bad.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vexed

The single player is pretty much trash, but the MP so far seems pretty cool.  I'm really diggin the maps, they feel more like natural environments than shooter maps.  Kinda disappointed that Ground Control is basically just Domination tug-of-war and not more like Bad Company 2's progressive objectives though.  It seems like a game you could really enjoy if you just like having fun in your online shooters and aren't real anal about balance and K/D ratios, because the vehicles do get pretty crazy and I already managed to abuse the dense environments to rack up a nasty sniper kill streak.

So yeah, worth a rent at least if you were looking for a new game to shoot dudes online in.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Thats what Alex said. The only sort of redeeming thing about the game was the online. Even then its a lot like COD.  

Course there is still COD and BFBC2 to play. 

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By lead_farmer

Yeah, I like the multiplayer.  All the drones and choppers zooming around is a bit crazy, but still fun.  Not too sure how long it will keep people interested in the game though. 

That single player campaign is really bad.  And not even the cheesy bad which I was expecting.  The boring bad.

KittenMitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KittenMitten

I wouldn't call the single player trash, just "okay". Like recent COD games, there were a few parts I really liked, but most of the campaign is just average.  

The multiplayer is indeed pretty cool. Seems like a blending of Call of Duty and Battlefield. That being said, IF I was looking to get back into a multiplayer fps, I would probably go back to Bad Company 2. Alas, the multiplayer burnout I've been suffering from will probably (hopefully) last until Battlefield 3. 

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IcySandman

I like the multiplayer, I hope they give out decent DLC and game modes to make it worth the game.  I liked the ending to the single player actually...but the 1st half of the campaign was pretty bad.  I may seem a bit biased (I like the game but I see its shortcomings) but I don't like the hate it's getting, the multiplayer is interesting  (And hell it fucking works unlike Black ops or BC2, been ages since I've seen nice ping/hitboxes..)

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @The_Laughing_Man: you mean alex?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: you mean alex? "
    Foxed. Not sure why I thought Dave. 
    virtua_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By virtua_ben
    @KittenMitten said:
    " I wouldn't call the single player trash, just "okay". Like recent COD games, there were a few parts I really liked, but most of the campaign is just average.  "

I'd have to agree 100% with this.  It's you're run of the mill FPS run and gun stuff.  The "emotional" aspect rings hollow.  But still, I think it's average.  I'm half-way enjoying it.   

Now they just need to fix the PC version so I can play online...
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By captain_clayman

yea sure it might be good but on ps3 i'd rather play killzone, on xbox i'd rather play halo or gears and on pc i'd rather play battlefield.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rockanomics

I was surprised how much I really enjoyed the SP after it's bad first impression, but by the end I did get sick of it. Also the game's shotgun is flat out BAD fucking ASS, which really pisses me off because getting it in MP is some fucking pre-order horsehit exclusive. (Edit - I looked it up and I believe that it's only a 30 day exclusive so I apologize, kinda)

...Anyway, the multiplayer continues to shock me at how deadly the weapons are, it takes a heartbeat to drop someone and you can snipe without too much trouble with an SMG if need be. I kinda like it but it's not really a positive or negative, yet still it feels like no other mainstream game I can think of.

That said now that I've gotten a grip on the shooting and stopped sucking ass I'm starting to enjoy it quite a bit, but there's still a lot of usability stuff that I find lacking. For example I think they've come short on the carrot on a stick idea, I mean I'm unlocking and ranking up but for one it seems slow as all hell, and I never actually have a firm grasp on what I'm unlocking or what's next to work towards ect. A simple fault like showing your XP bar as a static thing at the end of the round instead of tallying up what you gained from that round goes a LONG fucking way. 

I don't think this game is amazing, and I can easily see why someone would choose to play another game but I think people are drinking the hateraid a bit dry.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

Its the only good thing about the game

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jayjonesjunior

alot of flop games have great (original) multiplayer, they fail mostly because of prejudice.

Sorrows_Touch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sorrows_Touch

I love the multiplayer in this game, the battlepoints system is pretty cool

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By pweidman

Unlike many, I like the sp.  The guns feel good, the level design is varied and fun.  Most of the scripted stuff is cool.  Tons of easy achievement points. The story is weak and so under developed, but you can tell it was a starting point for a series.  The universe and vibe is ripe for a good rpg.  

Multiplayer is very fun, and a nice change from Blops and BBC2, but I really hate how you can't get into games with your party.  They're working on it, but it really blows to have friends kicked at every attempt to join a match.
    johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By johnzimmerman

i kinda like the story of the single player.  I'm also liking the MP.

Mal53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mal53

yeah, i think the way they implemented battle points is a cool concept in multiplayer.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

A game should not stand alone on just singleplayer or multiplayer unless its ONLY singleplayer or multiplayer. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

No, it's not bad...it's just bland.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DonPixel

not bad.. just boring.. 

so yea why bother?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.