Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homeworld

Franchise »

Homeworld is a series of real-time strategy games for the PC that utilizes three-dimensional movement and revolve around combat between starships of various types. Originally created by Relic Entertainment, the franchise has been recognized for its presentation, story, and gameplay.

Gearbox releasing remakes of Homeworld 1&2

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I imagine that's a bigger deal for Homeworld 1 than 2, but it's nice all the same I suppose. Even if this is just Gearbox trying to make up for the bad karma from Colonial Marines, if this means more people play Homeworld, than I'm all for it.

Sidenote: I assume they're not doing this for Cataclysm because that was a different developer, correct? Or does nobody give a shit about Cataclysm.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

YESSSSSS

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I liked Homeworld 2 but it had some very early concept of auto scaling that literally punished you for doing well in the game. I remember there was one mission where I kept getting destroyed by the enemy. Then I scrapped my entire fleet at the end of the mission preceding it and all of a sudden the enemy opposition in the next one was almost non existent. From that point on at the end of each level I just scrapped all my ships and the whole game got a lot more manageable.

It was really cool though, the way all your ships were build out of the mothership - especially those big capital cruisers just flying off the side.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.