Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Horizon Zero Dawn

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2017

Explore a lush, post-apocalyptic world inhabited by robotic beasts while uncovering secrets of the past.

You can spam Arrows ! a you can stack fruit story.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soulcake

So i have being playing Horizon: Zero Dawn of and on the last few weeks. And i was having a hard time in most off the battles + was way overlvled for most off the content but was dying left and right thinking the game was hard in general until i fought a glinthawk my finger slipped of the trigger and a arrow fired right away ! i was totally amazed you could fire arrows without holding the trigger ! i did some experimenting and found out even the damage was the same. The arrows might be less accurate but still accurate enough to spam arrows in a general direction. Am i a idiot to discover this feature 20 hours in the game ?? or is this badly explained ? did you even know you can spam arrows ? anyway here is a video to make everyone feel better.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hatking

I thought they explicitly state that you do more damage the longer you hold it? I haven't messed with this myself, I'll check it out tonight.

That said, to me, the accuracy is just as important as damage. I'm trying to peg tiny pieces of moving targets. Trying to hit some blaze container on the underbelly of a charging machine is hard enough with the reticle being pinpoint accurate.

Also, glinthawks specifically are very easy if you aim for the freeze container on their chest. Blow that up and they'll fall like a bag of rocks, taking massive damage and stunning them on the ground.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damage is the same no matter how long you hold it, if you hit the right part. I pretty much only quick fire the fire arrows because the burn damage gets them no matter where it hits.

Hot take: Glinthawks are the second easiest non-watch enemies in the game. Thunderjaws are the first

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@hatking said:

I thought they explicitly state that you do more damage the longer you hold it? I haven't messed with this myself, I'll check it out tonight.

That said, to me, the accuracy is just as important as damage. I'm trying to peg tiny pieces of moving targets. Trying to hit some blaze container on the underbelly of a charging machine is hard enough with the reticle being pinpoint accurate.

Also, glinthawks specifically are very easy if you aim for the freeze container on their chest. Blow that up and they'll fall like a bag of rocks, taking massive damage and stunning them on the ground.

Setting them ablaze will cause them to fall either. Usually takes two fire arrows for me.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Yeah once I realised this I stopped being afraid of the bigger robots. I thought it did less damage for some reason, but actually its just an accuracy penalty. The damn robits are so big though its basically impossible to miss, so now I just spam fire arrows at 100 arrows/minute and kill everything in a few seconds.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.