Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Anticipation and the 50 Blessings Symbol (Tattoo)

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

The original Hotline Miami is one of my all time favorite games and I have great expectations for Wrong Number, especially after playing the demo at PAX East last year.

So in honor of the original and in anticipation of Wrong Number I did some slight stylizing on the 50 blessings symbol, brought it to an actual artist who did a great job translating what I was trying to do and then had it tattooed onto my left shoulder blade.

Here's the link to the artists instagram of the piece.

I know not everyone agrees with the idea of tattoos, but a lot of people don't agree with the idea of Hotline Miami either, but I'm one of the weirdos who already went and dropped $60 to preorder the vinyl collectors edition of Wrong Number. Also, I selected my tattoo artist based partially on the fact that she is currently working on a project to do tattoos of all 151 original pokemon.

So who likes it and who thinks I'm an idiot?

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Looks great! If it was something you wanted to do, then don't worry if people think you're an idiot.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I probably would have waited until I'd played Wrong Number, but if you're that into the first game then congrats. It looks good.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's well done, looks good.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was thinking of doing the same actually, just with the reg red 50 blessings sign.

At 26 though, I dunno if I'm past the point of getting a tattoo.

killerklown907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Looks great, and it is a rad example of how a video game tattoo can look not too video-gamey

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tattoos are fine. Yours is well done and understated in its videogame-ness. Good on you.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool looking. I wouldn't really want a tattoo that "extreme" looking, but it's still nice.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By hassun

@sawtooth: I hope you'll take extensive pictures or even a video of that special edition.

The tattoo itself looks nondescript enough that even if the game fails it wouldn't really matter that much I think.

NoeinJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghostiet

@sawtooth said:

I know not everyone agrees with the idea of tattoos, but a lot of people don't agree with the idea of Hotline Miami either, but I'm one of the weirdos who already went and dropped $60 to preorder the vinyl collectors edition of Wrong Number. Also, I selected my tattoo artist based partially on the fact that she is currently working on a project to do tattoos of all 151 original pokemon.

You shouldn't apologize for tattoos. Neither should you justify them or attempt to ascribe a deeper meaning to them. If someone tells you that you should, you should ask them what their next terrible fucking Cosmopolitan haircut is gonna mean. It's your body and you can put whatever the fuck you want on it. The only point when I understand tattoo mockery is when they are bad. Yours is not bad - it's well-made and it puts a fun spin on an already good design.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that looks pretty cool.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawtooth: Your tattoo is really well done, solid colours and looks great. But I'd have waited until I at least played the game. There's a difference between a $60 CE and a tattoo.

As a disclaimer, I have tattoos so I get the process of deciding to get one.

RhymesMcFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not only is that ballin, I've been looking for some place in the Boston area to get my first tattoo and I'll definitely have to look into this artist now.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To be fair, as a tattoo it looks pretty neat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.