Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Can I buy the Soundtrack digitally?

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EsDeib

Sorry if this thread is redundant, but I can't find a definitive answer on this anywhere on the net. The soundtrack is only being sold as DLC on Steam for the game and is supposed to appear in the HM2 Steam files. Will these files be created if I don't buy the game? I got it on PS4 and Vita, but I still want that sweet soundtrack on FLAC, so I just really wanna know if I can purchase it without having to buy the game on another platform I'm not planning on playing it on.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@esdeib: Well the soundtrack on the store page says it needs to the base game which leads me to believe this might be a really weird situation where you can't actually buy it without getting the game as well. I tried googling around but I don't think anyone has run into that particular situation. Your best bet is to leave a topic on the Steam page about it.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EsDeib

Thanks, man. Rarely does anyone fight so hard against taking my money for digital goods.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still can't find any conclusive answer, but right now it feels like I'm better off not risking it. Thanks a lot anyway, guys!

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been digging into this myself, and it seems that soundtracks in Steam is considered DLC. So, it is not possible to buy just the soundtrack and not the game. Found this link, explaining why it doesn't work.

The next question then becomes: will the full soundtrack ever be released elsewhere, and if so, when?

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deinile: Thanks a lot, man. That sucks. I just want the damn music, man. /:

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@deinile: Thanks for finding that.

I can't understand the choice to only put the soundtrack as DLC to the Steam version of the game. I want to give you guys money and you're not letting me. My only other option is to buy the vinyl, which will take months to get here and cost me over €100 because of shipping and taxes.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@esdeib: I would suggest sending Devolver Digital an email. I was just dealing with their customer service regarding a poster order, and they are humans who act like humans. Very friendly and forthright. Treat them with respect and they will do the same for you.

And also, that soundtrack is so killer.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the siggestion, @chu52. Will do.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@esdeib said:

Thanks for the siggestion, @chu52. Will do.

Any luck?

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rvone@esdeib I have tried getting in contact with Devolver, but they have not even responded to my emails. I tried again last night, but I am not too hopeful at this point. Is there a good way to get in contact with the Dennaton oustide of Twitter?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By monetarydread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.