Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Favourites and most hated levels?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So let's get a best and worst levels thread going! It's harder remembering what's what thanks to the lack of showing you the layouts before selecting, but that does make you remember by them by song instead!

Anyway, so far I love Scene 6 - Moving Up - the one with the fans going to retrieve some dude's girlfriend. I just love the layout and how if you're playing as Alex and Ash you can bust in some doors, chainsaw dudes and fire off rounds down corridors!

Worst I'd say 22nd - Blood Money - it has one of the BEST songs in the whole thing (Mega Drive's Acid Spit) but the open nature of the level and the fact they want you to just blast the fuck out of everything makes for too strong a difficulty curve to really have the most fun with it.

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Quick bump as new posts don't seem to go into the forums I create them in! :D

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Liked most of the levels.

Favorite level is the one where you play as all of the gang members on different floors and are trying to meet up at the roof top.

Least favorite is the one where you are trying to escape the police station. And, also, the night club one where it's so dark you can hardly even see the enemies. Especially the dogs... just poor design on that one imo.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

All of them honestly. Its pretty much what I wanted out of a sequel.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ben_H

@handlas said:

Favorite level is the one where you play as all of the gang members on different floors and are trying to meet up at the roof top.

Basically this, but with my favorite being roughly equally any of the Soldier levels and that level where you play all the Fans. That level where you play a different fan per floor is so awesome. It has the best song in the game and you feel like a total badass the entire time... until the end of the level.

The soldier levels are probably my favorite though. Partly because they are so different (with how limited ammo is) and because the setting is really cool. I do think they could pull off a full game about something like the Vietnam war using that kind of style. It's really slick. Also, go back after you unlock the last Soldier weapon and do the early levels. It's crazy how easy they are with that last weapon. Also, the animations for that weapon are really messed up at times.

The only levels that stick out in my mind as being ones I didn't necessarily like were the sewer level because it wasn't all that interesting (other than the bathtubs full of acid) and one of the last Russian mob boss levels because it felt way too long. Other than that I liked all the levels.

The boat level on normal wasn't bad. It took a bit of thinking to figure out the start but once I got that down it was pretty straightforward. The key to it is that there's a specific position you can go to for each hiding gunman that you can safely take them on one on one from. If you don't take advantage of that, it becomes significantly more difficult to get through. The rest of the boat was fairly simple.

Also, if you go back and play all of the fan levels as the chainsaw+gun combo people, it's basically free A+s on normal.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Played up to act 3 and I hate all the levels. Game is a horrible sequel to one of my favorite games ever. Honestly don't even feel like finishing it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Best level is definitely First Blood, worst level is the prison. Most of the levels are very solid, though a few of them are a little too long.

Abyss' final screen is very random.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By militantfreudian

I finished the game today and I liked the majority of the levels, but I have no favorites yet. My least favorite scenes were: Dead Ahead, Subway and Release. They weren't all bad, but I found certain sections to be frustrating.

Edit: The sewers level is much worse than the subway level.

BrianP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't remember which specific ones, but there were a few levels that started in ways that made me feel like I had to find ways to kind of cheese them to get in any sort of position to be tactical.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked what I played up until that harbor level, Dead Ahead.

Fuck Dead Ahead.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The one where each checkpoint takes you to a new fan, because it feels like the part of a heist movie where everyone's doing their part.

A couple of the Hawaii jungle levels, because I loved switching between the knife and guns.

That level in the bank towards the end, especially the intro where they walk in casually, drop the gear, and immediately start shooting.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the Prison level! As soon as things kicked off I just though 'ooooh shiiiiit'. The four Fans storming the building as mentioned above also sticks out.

The nightclub annoyed me at first because I kept getting shot by the guy with the uzi on the dancefloor, but after rolling in and slashing everyone with the Katana I got over it.

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperFusion

That god damn boat level, specifically the last screen. My god that was tough. Favorite has gotta be the Prison Escape.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I got a little pissed off during Mark's solo room that is set-up for the dual machine guns, but I got shot a lot by the fourth guy in the room. Obviously I don't expect the game to totally set me up, but it felt like a badass moment in a video game that you fuck up the first time and it loses all of its coolness in the process. But that level was still fun, I just never got to see the two-direction gunfire really ever work like I wanted it to.

I also messed up the last boss encounter (you know, the VERY LAST THING) because I didn't understand it. Still super satisfying.

Man that prison break is fucking sweet, though. So is House Call.

ToastyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really loving Seizure a bunch to be honest, even though it's a definite eye killer.

I didn't get the Dead Ahead hate 'till I did it on hard. I get it now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.