Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2015

The sequel to Dennaton's hit 2D action game moves the neon murder from the '80s to a '90s setting, and concludes the series.

Release date announced

• 70 results
    SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SkipperSonne

Why is it not unlocking until NOON tomorrow on Steam? Dammit.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Why is it not unlocking until NOON tomorrow on Steam? Dammit.

Because, despite this game being made by a Swedish dude, most releases go by Valve time, so 1000 gmt-8 usually. It won't unlock until 1800 for me :(

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's hoping it unlocks early.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By mike

9am for me. I'm ready to buy as soon as people can confirm the game isn't a broken mess. I'm sticking to my no preordering guns!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm starting to think I'll play through this on Vita. That was a surprisingly decent way to play through the first (after originally going through on PC).

Plus, it looks like Ori will have a monopoly on any game time in the living room this week.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: This is when being a European is useful. This game isn't out until tomorrow over here on PSN (I want to play it on my Vita) so I have a full day of Americans testing it out to make sure it works ok before I drop money on it.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MB I have also declined from pre-ordering for some time now and I am a happier duder for it. I am not sure exactly how a game like this could be broken, but you never know.

MalibuProfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MalibuProfen

@splodge: The first one was somewhat buggy from the jump for some, but the most egregious bugs were patched quite quickly.

I, too, have told myself to refuse pre-ordering any game. The only exception to this declination over the years has been Papers, Please and now this HM2. :/ Makes me feel ashamed, dirty, yet overly optimistic. But then again stupid, since I won't even be able to play the game right away when it comes out since I am going to my floorball [it's a sport, trust me] practice at the exact time the game is officially released.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hopefully it goes live on PS4 sometime soon.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SkipperSonne

The game plays fine so far, but I'm stuck already. The game assumes you played and finished the first one (which I have). Tutorial is basically reminding you of the controls.

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is this normal for PSN digital releases to not be available on the release date?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

God why couldn't this have been a preorder game on PSN? Now I have to wait for the damn store to update at x time

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

@bezerker85 said:

Is this normal for PSN digital releases to not be available on the release date?

No, the PSN store just updates later in the day. Usually around 5:00p.m EST.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By nightriff

Just checked PSN store and it seems to be available...

EDIT: and yup, just bought it and downloading it to my ps3 at home to throw on my Vita tonight!

EDIT 2: Is there anywhere I can purchase a digital version of the OST? I know of the vinyl version and it seems the special digital version on steam only contains an EP of a few remixes of songs....which is incredibly stupid.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

EDIT: and yup, just bought it and downloading it to my ps3 at home to throw on my Vita tonight!

EDIT 2: Is there anywhere I can purchase a digital version of the OST? I know of the vinyl version and it seems the special digital version on steam only contains an EP of a few remixes of songs....which is incredibly stupid.

I'm seeing it when I search for the game on their website, but it doesn't have the 10% discount for Plus subscribers.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By nightriff

@tearhead said:

I'm seeing it when I search for the game on their website, but it doesn't have the 10% discount for Plus subscribers.

I just paid full price, didn't even think about the discount until you brought it up. Oh well, he deserves full price from my perspective.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By RonGalaxy

The fact that it can be purchased on psn right now, but without the discount, is torture. I know it's only a $1.50, but I'm a cheap bastard. Also, anyone know if the level editor will come to playstation, or is it pc only? That might effect where I end up buying it.

Edit: never mind? if shacknews is to be believed (not sure???) then it's coming to consoles as well. It being compared to ms paint makes me excited to mess around with it.

Scrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've heard it's a tile based level editor.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam has the full 40+ track OST for $15. They put it up earlier today as "DLC."

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skippersonne: yeah I saw that...I can't just purchase the dlc, you have to purchase the game then I can buy the ost. Super fucking dumb

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$15 is also steep when considering that the game itself is $15. Also I can't see the .ogg files like in the first game.

You could just rip from YouTube, but with 40 tracks, the time might not be worth it.

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't normally pre order games either. This is only the second time I've ever done it. The first time was need for speed underground 2, about 10 years ago. I was happy with that but I just never do it, you never know what a game will be like.

This time I did it because I didn't know if the humble store would lock is Australians out of it at some point, so I went ahead and bought it early to be safe.

The one problem is that I did it the morning that I left to go interstate to Perth, and I still have a week and a half before I get back home to play it. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.