Huntdown seems like a very Jeff throwback sidescroller

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

No Caption Provided

Huntdown is a game that came out around May that I had no idea about until I randomly stumbled upon a full playthrough of it on YouTube. (A blessing a curse as just today YouTube recommended me a video with full out story spoilers for Last of Us 2 in the video title)

This is your classic retro throwback, go from left-to-right and shoot in a locked plane type of game. You have three bounty hunters to choose from which have their own unique properties and the whole thing seems to be really well made one of those. It's out on everything except on PC it's locked into the Epic Game Store until like May 2021 where it finally comes out on Steam.

I mainly bring it up because it actually looks really neat and something that Jeff might play on one of his Old Games streams. The stages are colorfully detailed and the bosses unique with multiple stages. Apart from the aesthetic huntdown doesn't seem to carry over the coin-eating hardcore difficulty from days past and can be played co-op with a friend. Apparently it is fairly short (like 2 hour short) and there isn't all that much replayability so that $20 price tag can either be steep or fine depending on your budget.

I'm going to probably wait for it to emerge on Game Pass one of these days, but for everyone else hey, maybe worth a look?

Here is a trailer

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm interested but will probably wait until it's on sale

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cikame

You're not wrong, that is very Jeff.
    Epic exclusive? No wonder i hadn't heard of it.

Upon closer inspection it's being published by Coffee Stain Studios, who seem to have a long term relationship with Epic, their fans aren't happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.