Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hyrule Warriors

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Aug 14, 2014

Omega Force, Team Ninja and Nintendo team up for this spin-off of the Legend of Zelda series, featuring the large-scale hack-and-slash gameplay made popular by the Dynasty Warriors series.

Quick Look Hyrule Warriors.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I remember seeing it on the schedule yesterday but it's not anywhere on the site and it's not embedded in the review.

Did I imagine it being on the schedule or did it just not go up?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I had seen it too and have been wondering when it would post to the site. I haven't looked around on other sites, but I'm guessing there is some video embargo that's holding it up. I know Jason uploaded this image for it when it was on the schedule.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Was also wondering about this.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

They might have pulled it temporarily because some other users found a backdoor to access and download the Quick Look before it was even on the schedule.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hailinel: How can you pull it when it wasn't posted. I saw the quick look and you can still watch it if you know how. I just think they are waiting for a closer U.S. release date

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel: How can you pull it when it wasn't posted. I saw the quick look and you can still watch it if you know how. I just think they are waiting for a closer U.S. release date

You can pull it off of the schedule so it doesn't get posted, for one thing. They could also just pull the video offline if they felt it necessary.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I doubt it's video embargoed since Gamespot has a video review up. Unless that it's exempt under those circumstances or something.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If USGamer stream last night was an indication, Nintendo put a 30 minute restriction on video footage.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

They likely pulled it down because there was a way to watch it through transposing a URL from one video to the QL.
    It has Dan and Brad, and the split screen looks to run at about 10-15 frames less and renders at around 560p or something (garbage).

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has Dan and Brad, and the split screen looks to run at about 10-15 frames less and renders at around 560p or something (garbage).

The split screen has always been garbage in Musou games. It never looks good and it never runs well.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bocam

@hailinel: @doctordonkey: Considering you can still do it if you know the url (which hasn't changed), and that particular method has been around since the days of the P4 ER I don't think they care

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By KarlPilkington

I watched it, it's over an hour long. I'm sure you won't have long to wait before they put it back up.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@doctordonkey said:

The split screen has always been garbage in Musou games. It never looks good and it never runs well.

Yah, KOEI has always felt like they are a console behind with their engine/optimisation, and i'm not sure how much grunt the Wii U has.

I'm sure in the recent quicklook of orochi the draw distance was still ridiculously bad (unsuprisingly.)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

@hailinel: @doctordonkey: Considering you can still do it if you know the url (which hasn't changed), and that particular method has been around since the days of the P4 ER I don't think they care

Rorie's comment in the other thread would seem to indicate otherwise.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I watched it, it's over an hour long. I'm sure you won't have long to wait before they put it back up.

I already feel like I've had to wait too long [/whine]

Hopefully you're right, though.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, what ever happened to this Quick Look? Any word?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weltal said:

Still embargoed I think. Can't post more than 30 minutes of footage.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@weltal said:

Still embargoed I think. Can't post more than 30 minutes of footage.

But the game has been out for like two days? And I didn't even notice the QL was gone, I watched half of it but didn't really care about the game so stopped anyway.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Vextroid

Brad mentioned something about it in his Destiny stream on Monday(?) night. He mentioned it still being under embargo and then mentioned Thursday.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vextroid: Others have already released video of the game, so it might be related to the Quick Look's length.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@vextroid: @hailinel: Yeah. I think Nintendo has their weird strict time restrictions on pre-release videos of this game, and the QL is significantly longer than what's allowed.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@vextroid: Others have already released video of the game, so it might be related to the Quick Look's length.

Yeah nobody is allowed to post more than 30 minutes.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: But they are unreasonable. Especially when you you take into consideration that the game has been released in Japan for about a month.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BisonHero

Nintendo's steaming video policies are hopelessly outdated. Reviews are out. No one outlet can run more than 30 minutes of video, but if you take them all in aggregate, and look up people using Twitch to stream imported copies or early copies of the NA version, there are hours and hours of Hyrule Warriors video footage available, so if Nintendo is afraid that streaming >30 minutes of video of a game will decrease sales, then they've already lost that one.

I can understand policies that ask sites to not stream like, the entire game front to back, or to not go past a certain story beat, but in the case of Hyrule Warriors, a game review site wouldn't do the former because it would be tedious, and the latter is unlikely to be an issue because it's a Musou game.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Not sure this is the reason as there's plenty of videos of a length over 30 minutes on YouTube. Jesse Cox has a 33- and a 39-minute video, and since he's based in America he could only have got access to the game from Nintendo themselves and thus be under the same embargo rules as everyone else.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Please don't let this thread devolve into needless bickering.

The policies are what they are. They're maybe a bit weird, but there's nothing here worth getting into a fight over.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Corevi
    @bisonhero said:

I can understand policies that ask sites to not stream like, the entire game front to back, or to not go past a certain story beat, but in the case of Hyrule Warriors, a game review sites wouldn't do the former because it would be tedious, and the latter is unlikely to be an issue because it's a Musou game.

A Musou game COULD have a good story, but this one is just a retread of previous Zelda games but more anime. There's literally 0 story beats that weren't already in a game that's been out for 3-16 years.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Musou games do have stories. Quite long ones, at that.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gaff

@gunslingerpanda said:

@corruptedevil said:
    @hailinel said:

Not sure this is the reason as there's plenty of videos of a length over 30 minutes on YouTube. Jesse Cox has a 33- and a 39-minute video, and since he's based in America he could only have got access to the game from Nintendo themselves and thus be under the same embargo rules as everyone else.

To put it more clearly: no one who signed the terms of the embargo is allowed to show more than 30 minutes of gameplay. People can work around it though of course: don't sign the embargo agreement and rely on import copies of the game, get friendly with a local retailer to get a game early or broker a different deal with the publisher (and get "world exclusive" footage of the game).

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@bisonhero said:

I can understand policies that ask sites to not stream like, the entire game front to back, or to not go past a certain story beat, but in the case of Hyrule Warriors, a game review sites wouldn't do the former because it would be tedious, and the latter is unlikely to be an issue because it's a Musou game.

A Musou game COULD have a good story, but this one is just a retread of previous Zelda games but more anime. There's literally 0 story beats that weren't already in a game that's been out for 3-16 years.

So you're saying it's a Musou game.

BOOM. UP TOP.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BisonHero

@theht said:

@corruptedevil said:
    @bisonhero said:

So you're saying it's a Musou game.

BOOM. UP TOP.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.