Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

I Get This Call Every Day

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 21, 2012

A personal tale of unwinnable realities. A conversation-based game encapsulating life in a call center.

Well that's a bummer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

Some of you may recall this game, and it's pretty good take on the Sisyphean task of working at a call center. Unfortunately, the government employers of the creator, David Gallant, weren't pleased with the game (which is kind of bullshit given how nonspecific the game is). Once they found out about the game, it appears he was fired or chose to resign. I know Gallant himself has posted on the GB forums when he first released the game, but I figured he may be a little busy right now, so I figured I would bring it to your attention. Here are some relevant links:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1321317--tax-agency-employee-creates-online-game-to-vent-his-frustration-with-taxpayers

http://kotaku.com/5980063/he-made-an-honest-game-about-his-work-and-it-cost-him-job?post=56788192

I know you guys hate Kotaku, but they give a pretty good assessment of the situation.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NathanStack

Don't eat shit, don't click Kotaku links.

The More You Know.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.