Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ICO

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 24, 2001

The story of a forsaken boy with horns and a mysterious girl who must work together to escape from the confines of an enormous castle.

Late to the party: ICO and Shadow

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sarkhan

So, just started this as i'm very late to this "party". Played 2 hours of ICO and only 30 min of shadow.  

What i wanted to ask is this, how mindblowing is the music? :O And the (thank god) non tutorial of the controls? You are just there. There you are... 

Please no spoilers, but just give a feedback on things you like in these games. Just blew my mind that you were just "dumped" in the setting. And i love it!
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

I've never played any of them, I really should.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By fugie7

@Sarkhan: it's really mindblowing

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Commisar123

I really like Ico, but I never got very far in it

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Masha2932

How are you finding the controls in Shadow of the colossus? I didn't mind them but some people have issues with them.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sarkhan

I'v seen people whine about the texture and so on. But i coulden't care(i honestly don't think i'v noticed yet) And when the boy in ICO shouts, i really felt alone. Amazing. I want more games like this. I have to play through these 2 first though. But again, amazing.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sarkhan
    @Masha2932 said:

How are you finding the controls in Shadow of the colossus? I didn't mind them but some people have issues with them.

TBH: I was annoyed at first. Hitting start and wanted to change my controller. But then you understand. these are the good old days. You just addapt. Only 30 min in shadow atm though. So i can't say much really. But as stated before. I love how minimal it is, how you just: "Hey, these are you'r tools. Learn and use them" Gonna grab a beer, turn up the volum and dig deeper. 

EDIT: And yes, from what i know now, i truly understand why people love ICO and Shadow. Can't wait until i get the hours in myself.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mordukai

Pure awesomeness.

Brad was actually the guy who reviewed it back in his gamespot days.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sarkhan

What? Brad worked at gamestop?? And they reviewd?? But yes, amazing! Not gonna spoil, but the intro really got to me. No explenation, just what you see and hear. And pan with camera.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai

@Sarkhan: my bad...Brad reviewed Shadow of the Colossus not ico.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sarkhan

@Mordukai: Ah. I didn't know that. Gonna watch now- But found MY song.   

Again. amazing. Been sooo long since i'v been suckt into a world. And again, a world i don't know or understand shit about. Please game makers! Do this again!
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fugie7

@Sarkhan: you mean gamespot right? Yeah he work at gamespot with Jeff and Ryan back in the day when Gamespot was the place to go for games reviews and such.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sarkhan
    @fugie7 said:

@Sarkhan: you mean gamespot right? Yeah he work at gamespot with Jeff and Ryan back in the day when Gamespot was the place to go for games reviews and such.

I know gamespot, but he said gamestop. Tried to have a joke, but guess it dropped fast^^ But i loved the video:)
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mordukai

@Sarkhan said:

@fugie7 said:

I know gamespot, but he said gamestop. Tried to have a joke, but guess it dropped fast^^ But i loved the video:)

I know I know...My bad.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fugie7

@Mordukai: It's ok . people make mistakes.

Zealousadonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Zealousadonis

I haven't played ICO yet but the music in Shadow of the Colossus is fantastic.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sarkhan
    @Mordukai said:

@Sarkhan said:

@fugie7 said:

I know I know...My bad.

Hehe, no problem my friend. Anyway, I'v been talking to people now who played and love the game. what shocks me is that they all feel the same. You are trully alone(meme?) I love it. guess i have more to say when i'm done with one or both of them. but for now. PS3 people! By this comp, or just one on PSN. It's really a change from whatever you played before. Makes you just stop and think. And that's where they got me.
    StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StrikeALight

Firstly, ICO's art style and atmosphere has held a massive influence over me. From initial viweing the original EU box art, I knew I had (then) made the right gut choice in pursuing a career in graphic design.

Secondly, both are really fantastic games, each worthy of playing at least once for experiencing the way they transcend the genre - by having the place and setting as the principle character. Couple this with superb, subtle storytelling imagery (lonliness, fragile beauty in Ico, pathos in SoTC) they should righlty be considered pieces of art.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sarkhan
    @StrikeALight said:

Firstly, ICO's art style and atmosphere has held a massive influence over me. From initial viweing the original EU box art, I knew I had (then) made the right gut choice in pursuing a career in graphic design.

Secondly, both are really fantastic games, each worthy of playing at least once for experiencing the way they transcend the genre - by having the place and setting as the principle character. Couple this with superb, subtle storytelling imagery (lonliness, fragile beauty in Ico, pathos in SoTC) they should righlty be considered pieces of art.

Thank you for saying the words i wanted! But i have a question: Is EU the only one who have the flipside cover? First thing i noticed that i had Shadow and ICO original covers when i took out the disc.
    StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StrikeALight

@Sarkhan said:

@StrikeALight said:

Thank you for saying the words i wanted! But i have a question: Is EU the only one who have the flipside cover? First thing i noticed that i had Shadow and ICO original covers when i took out the disc.

Hmmm, good question - though I'm not sure.

The EU editions of ICO AND SoTC both came in lovely (but limited) cardboard outer sleeves, and had random assorted art cards inside.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sarkhan

Oh! Maybe i'm special then. I fliped the cover and have the original covers on both right and left side. But i have a code here. For the behind the scenes and meeting for Last guardian. This is xmas, so if anybody want it, let me know. Note this is EU :) /:s   

I'll watch it later on youtube or something. I have something to share, so let it be done:) 

EDIT: Ah, guess this is a standard for europe/scandinavia with this code. But anybody else in EU and/or with a EU account. Pm me and let's see if it works:)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.