Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

id Software

Company »

id Software is one of the highest regarded developers in the industry as being the creators of the First-Person Shooters. Popular series includes Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and Rage.

Why are ID even bothering with Wolfenstein?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I'm a big fan of RTCW and it was such great game but so far theres been no hype for Wolfenstein that I only feel like it was announced yesterday. Noone I speak to that loved RTCW and played the multiplayer together are even aware that Wolfenstein is coming out. Not to mention the fact that the game looks really poor and we don't even know anything about the multiplayer really. Like whats going on? I would say this is an experiment by ID to see if they can sell a game with no hype but Quake 4 was the same and it was a pretty lackluster game.

What are ID doing? The only game they treated with any respect was Doom 3 and I thought it was a fantastic game but everything else from them it seems like are mini projects to just keep pouring games out. The release of a Quake or a Wolfenstein is meant to be a big thing and these games are meant to be epic but it's not looking like that anymore. Just seems all their attension is on Rage and they get 3 people to work on everything else.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Dont judge a game you havent played yet. You just look like a fool.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By EdIsCool

Its a game based on an old engine developed out of house.
    Maybe it will be good but his point that it has been paid no respect stands.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

Raven is doing most of the work on the new Wolf, they made Quake 4 mostly too.  id (btw it's 'id' not 'ID') has their studio focused on Rage & a lesser extent on Doom 4 right now.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By torus

Id didn't develop Wolfenstein, genius. Nor did they develop Quake 4. That would be Raven Software.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EdIsCool

Exactly the point.Flagship games which used to be a source of excitement are now shipped outside and underhyped.This is sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

Fuck sake why has everything got it's own forum these days? I can't even find these forums so no wonder why they are so dead.... moved to where noone will post. Should just have the basic forums back where everything to do with PC gaming goes in one PC GAMES FORUM.

Another forum ruined goodbye.

+ I know Id didn't make it but they own the IP.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EdIsCool

Yeah the only thing that get posted on are those that are controversial and so get posted on often enough to show up on the front page..not a good system.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weltal

The fact that I only realized that Wolfenstein was coming out (Or is out?) after seeing the contest video is a testament to how terribly this game is being marketed. Couldn't be less interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.