Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Impire

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 14, 2013

Impire is a dungeon keeper style game developed by Cyanide Montreal, released February 14th, 2013.

A solid Dungeon Keeper clone?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Has anyone played this game yet? I've been looking at it for a good minute and I'm still skeptical on buying it.

I heard it's like the bastard offspring of Dawn of War and Dungeon Keeper, two games I love, but I still feel this game might not be up to that standard.

Has anyone played it? Is this game any good?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I watched TotalBiscuit's video of it and it looks neat. I really wanna play something Dungeon Keeper-like, but still haven't heard much about this game.. seems to be sneaking up on us.

It looks good but its hard to say really, I wanna know some more before I jump in.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I am likewise pretty interested in it and from the footage i've seen it seems like it could be interesting. I'll probably wait to see how the final product looks though before I decide. The last Dungeon Keeper looking game I got was Dungeons. Which wasn't really a bad game, it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im psyched for this game but

its straight up shocking how little of a secret they are making it that they are ripping off dungeon keeper. the gameplay of course but the art style is right there too and they even have a horned reaper type mascot going on.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Budwyzer

This game definitely looks interesting. I hadn't thought to look at Total Biscuit/Halibut (same guy?).

But I did already back War for the Overworld on Kickstarter, which is a straight up clone/ sequel, that is made by some really big fans of the game.

*Update*
    I'm back! Watched the British guy's video on the pre-alpha play and it looked good.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Fuck it, I'm buying it - it looks interesting enough. Dungeon Keeper was so good.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@budwyzer said:

This game definitely looks interesting. I hadn't thought to look at Total Biscuit/Halibut (same guy?).

But I did already back War for the Overworld on Kickstarter, which is a straight up clone/ sequel, that is made by some really big fans of the game.

*Update*

I'm back! Watched the British guy's video on the pre-alpha play and it looked good.

Yeah, that game just got greenlight on steam. That one seems really really "inspired" by dungeon keeper. When I get the cash I think I'm gonna pick this game up and Impire.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anyone tried Dungeons? The demo felt like a cross between Dungeon Keeper and Overlord.

Dredlockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galiant: So what do you think? give us some first impressions dude!
    Still pondering if I should buy this. I've had my heart broken so many times before.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredlockz said:

@galiant:

So what do you think? give us some first impressions dude!

Still pondering if I should buy this. I've had my heart broken so many times before.

I installed it and played for half an hour maybe before I had to get some sleep (work work). I like it so far, it has potential. I'll have more to say later =)

I bought a copy for my sister right after, and we'll be playing through co-op tonight!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galiant: Cool, let us know how that goes, your impressions please.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ttocs

It looks good, but I've grown cautious of games like these released on Steam. I'm going to wait for some reviews or at least impressions.

Sydlanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sydlanel

Well I got it and played it for a few hours...

What can I say, the game seems to have way too many technical issues now.

first off, although my pc is more than capable of playing it in ultra setting (pre-game menus look perfectly smooth), the animations play somewhat stuttery, and the whole interface seems to be very unstable. and unresponsive.

ALSO I came about a randomly happening soft crash whenever the minions collected any goods (preventing me from getting any resources. When this happens, the game would randomly minimize and shows an error, and this can happen VERY often.

In any case it might be that this is only a problem on my system, but the overall clunkyness still makes this a bit hit and miss.

Other than that, the game seems fun, the writing is rather funny, and the minions have some cool personality...I'll probably play it more (and much more if the issues get sorted out) in the future... but it is hard to recommend it as it is now.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By galiant

@dredlockz: @funkydupe:

@sydlanel said:

first off, although my pc is more than capable of playing it in ultra settings, but the animations play somewhat stuttery, and the whole interface seems to be very unstable. and unresponsive.

ALSO I came about a randomly happening soft crash whenever the minions collected any goods (preventing me from getting any resources. When this happens, the game would randomly minimize and shows an error, and this can happen VERY often.

In any case it might be that this is only a problem on my system, but the overall clunkyness still makes this a bit hit and miss.

Other than that, the game seems fun, the writing is rather funny, and the minions have some cool personality...I'll probably play it more (and much more if the issues get sorted out) in the future... but it is hard to recommend it as it is now.

I have to agree with this. Great fun when it works, but the technical issues are too many...I couldn't even play co-op properly and the game randomly crashes with weird error messages popping up.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galiant said:

@dredlockz: @funkydupe:

@sydlanel said:

first off, although my pc is more than capable of playing it in ultra settings, but the animations play somewhat stuttery, and the whole interface seems to be very unstable. and unresponsive.

I have to agree with this. Great fun when it works, but the technical issues are too many...I couldn't even play co-op properly and the game randomly crashes with weird error messages popping up.

Alright, I guess I'll wait for updates and/or sale.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Quicklook? @jeff @vinny Would like to see this.

So this is one of those "buy the betas" games? That's becoming kind of a bummer though I understand why it's being done.

jromao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I coudnt finde much info about this game so i decided to make this post to try to help people that are still figuring out if they shoud buy it or not. I've been playing this game for a few days and if i had to describe it in one word woud be potencial. In my opinion, the game has a lot of great concepts that coud have been better implemented. You're one of the most powerfull demons in the world trapped in the form of an imp sumoned by a shity demonologhist that becomes your advisor but, even as you evolve through the game and recover your power, you dont feel that you are geting any stronger (story wise). Fighting heroes that get into your dungeon is almost always the same thing, first you destroy the ladders they are trying to use to get in your dungeon (they can appear anywhere inside your dungeon) then, you move all your squads to the front door of your dungeon and wait for them to come in to kill them all, what gets kind of boring after some time and coud be better. Whats its cool tho is how you can use the heores you defeat. Usually when you kill one of them they become materias (one of the resoursces you must gather to build troops and rooms at your dugeon) but, if you have all the rooms needed, you can mark heroes before you kill them to: send them to the training room, so your squads can kill them in order to gain exp, arrest them, so you can get gold in exchange for their freedom, or put them inside a killing machine to get more points to unlock stuff for your dungeon. The game implements various RPGs elements to the combat system that makes each one of your squad (the most efective way to use your units is grouping 4 of your minions) that makes each one of them really unique, depending on what units you've puted in each squad etc, but the batles are so chaotic some times that you can hardly notice what each one of your squads ads to your team, the situation that these RPGs elements really shine (specially at high dificulties levels) are at the "raids" wich are prety much missions at the world map that you send out one of your squads to acomplish, you can´t controll your minions but you can watch the batles. It coud be a lot better but it is still a good game in my opinion (maybe i just like this dungeon keeper style games to much and keep thinking of ways it coud be better) i recomend a try out (sory for my english and if you desagree with me I woud be more than happy to know why, hope i coud help) 7/10.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By galiant

So there's a patch that came out about an hour ago if anyone's interested. I haven't tried it yet, but they claim it fixes a lot of issues...

EDIT: Might as well include the patch notes...

Thoram [developer] 1 hour ago

Patch 1.0.1.2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPIRE CHANGELOG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.0.1.2 19/02/2013

Fixes:

- Ch.1 Act 1: Fix camera out of bounds when placing kitchen.

- Ch.1 Act 3: Gate not opening and crash during boss fight, and end of scenario

- Ch.1 Act 4: Skulls Side quest and Golden keys side quests now work properly

- Ch.4 Act 5: Resources will be gained provided you have access to the stockroom.

- Fixes in stability. No more game crash at end of scenario.

- Fixed Giving orders to units during combat, for both squads and single units.

- There are no more Asserts, and other pop ups, except for unhandled exceptions which CTD and provide a .dmp file.

- Fixed to two musics playing at the same time.

- Fixed gui sliders not going through full range

- Fixed being unable to equip runes.

- Updated German Localisation.

- Misc GUI fixes.

- Fixed Camera out of bound problems, and when squads in world map.

Tweaks:

- Ch.2 Act 1: Coloured fire is replaced by symbols for color blindness issues.

- Mouse Scroll (for camera) delay has been disabled.

For users who use WASD to move camera you can disable the mouse scroll in the options.

We will work to add an option for delay time.

- Aggressiveness is now regained by all units idling, up to 50%.

Known Bugs:

- "Dark Halls": This is an issue with AMD/ATI video cards. Please disable SmoothVisionHD and the bug should go away.

- Steam Cloud: Save games are local, and game profiles are cloud only.

- Units escaping emprisonment might behave oddly or not move at all

- Multiplayer (co-op campaign and skirmish games), though fully featured, remains in beta-status. Some surface scratches have to be polished.

- Crashes may occur at the end of or during a skirmish game.

- Skirmish: Capture the Dragon: if Baal is killed at the Gateway while carrying the dragon,

the dragon may not respawn correctly and and thus become unreachable.

- Problems with possible display resolutions. Work is ongoing.

- On some hardware configurations, changing the resolution while in full screen mode, switchin to full screen, or turning on VSync may cause the screen to go black/flicker and the game to enter an unresponsive state. It will reset after 15 seconds

Notes:

- The new patch might cause a game crash upon loading a game saved with the previous version. Your campaign progress should not be affected.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By white

Has anyone tried playing it with these new fixes? I'm really digging what I saw in the QL. But the reviews for this game are holding me back.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided not to splash the cash and reinstall Dungeon Keeper instead. Having a lot of fun as always.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

@morningstar: Does it hold up? I dont know why but i feel like Dungeon Keeper would be really rough now.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davvyk: Gameplay-wise it very much holds up. Graphically not so much. It's very muddy to look at, Dungeon Keeper 2 is a big step up in this regard. I have played DK2 so much though, it was time to play the first one, even if I sometimes have problems identifying what's on screen :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.