Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Indigo Prophecy

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 16, 2005

Indigo Prophecy is a mystery-driven action/adventure game that harkens back to the point-and-click era. The game incorporates rhythm mini-games at key points as you try to figure out why you murdered a stranger in a local diner.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy...it is not the 2015 Remaster version

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

From what Quanatic Dream has said, the PS4 version of the game that is coming in July is NOT the 2015 Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remaster. The announcement Tweet left of the "Remaster" moniker off and that now seems intentional

The PC, Mac, Linux and Android 'remastered' version of Indigo Prophecy wasreleased by Aspyr Media, Inc. But, when Quantic was specifically asked if this PS4 version was the same version,they said ist wasn't. The announcement Tweet for the PS4 version thanked SIEA, which is Sony Interactive Entertainment America. Not sure why the switch form Aspyr Media to Sony. But it could have been a timing issue or personnel issue for the porting. Sony has 'tiger teams' for coding from whatewe know, so maybe the switch needed to be done quickly or they just went from PS2 code to create the PS4 versions. From the point of view of 'Occam's razor', the easiest explanation is often more likely than any twisted logic conspiracy theory.

Either way, whatever the code base; I look forward to getting I.P. for only $15 in July!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I would just love love love if @vinny & @alex would play through this. It's too bad there's no feature to where the community can vote what they record an LP of... Ahem.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@yummylee said:

I would just love love love if @vinny & @alex would play through this. It's too bad there's no feature to where the community can vote what they record an LP of... Ahem.

Isn't this the game where the internet did it? And there was something about ancient civilizations communicating through the internet, which caused the murder?

If so, yes, I would like a LP of some kind. Sounds like my kind of bad game!

Ydross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not sure how true it is but there was a story going around that Quantic Dream wanted to separate the game into several episodes to flesh out the story but the publisher said no we want one game and do it fast. Which is why the ending is so rushed and ridiculous. If its true I think it could be cool if they would redo the game like they first planned it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Maybe theyre just putting the ps2 version up? Ps4 can emulate ps2 games (though not discs. Thanks Sony!)

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This game was so good until the last 1/4th of it jumped off a bridge, still good but if you want to see THE definition of "jumping the shark" you have to finish I.P.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Isn't this the game where the internet did it? And there was something about ancient civilizations communicating through the internet, which caused the murder?

If so, yes, I would like a LP of some kind. Sounds like my kind of bad game!

Yeah, there is a LOT of Ancient Mayan, and internet-colesces-into-a-sentient-AI, and there's an ancient alien power in Area 51, etc. bullshit in that game that doesn't even begin to explain itself properly, and then the game just ends. It's great.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

This game went way off the rails before the last 1/4 to me. I would say for about 1/2 of it or less it was super interesting but based on the idea that there would be a payoff.

But this is coming from someone who doesn't get why David Cage gets to keep making story based games and finds basically all his work since the first half of that game bad.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see them play this. If you like bizarre David Cage games, this one is a hum-dinger.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

This game went way off the rails before the last 1/4 to me. I would say for about 1/2 of it or less it was super interesting but based on the idea that there would be a payoff.

But this is coming from someone who doesn't get why David Cage gets to keep making story based games and finds basically all his work since the first half of that game bad.

Oh yeah, the game gets bad about halfway through, when you go to the abandoned amusement park, and your main character and his girlfriend unceremoniously die, then you come back to life as a weird zombie who can do The Matrix wirefights, and your character immediately forgets that the girlfriend was ever important to him, and then all of the hilariously goofy enemy factions really reveal themselves. The beginning of that game where you play both the guy who committed a crime, and the detective investigating it, were interesting for a bit, but that games goes off the rails so hard. It's truly a sight to behold. Great livestream game because it's just so stupid.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had assumed that it was just going to be the PS2 version.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By shivermetimbers

@bisonhero said:

@artisanbreads said:

Oh yeah, the game gets bad about halfway through, when you go to the abandoned amusement park, and your main character and his girlfriend unceremoniously die, then you come back to life as a weird zombie who can do The Matrix wirefights, and your character immediately forgets that the girlfriend was ever important to him, and then all of the hilariously goofy enemy factions really reveal themselves. The beginning of that game where you play both the guy who committed a crime, and the detective investigating it, were interesting for a bit, but that games goes off the rails so hard. It's truly a sight to behold. Great livestream game because it's just so stupid.

Man, that reads like someone writing fanfiction for the Matrix after doing hallucinogenic drugs after banging their head against a wall for 5 years in solitary confinement.

Edit: I probably should note that I couldn't do any better, but that's why I'm not a video game auteur.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By whitegreyblack

I loved how insane that game got. That flying Matrix fight stuff was awesome and dumb, and when you play the first half of the game you definitely do not see it coming. I have not played it in many years so I should really go back and play it again to see how I feel about it now that more than a decade(!) has passed.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indigo Prophecy is a pretty bad game. When that game first started I thought it was going to be one of my favorite games ever, but it devolves into real trash (well-meaning trash). I would give that game at best a 5 out of 10, and I absolutely loved the first hour of it.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indigo Prophecy is one of the greatest bad games ever made. It's absolutely wretched in its storytelling, characterization, and gameplay.

But what kills me most of all is that Goddamn Angelo Badalamenti does the original soundtrack (the composer renowned for his work with David Lynch), but then he gets one-upped by David Cage inserting a Tool song whenever he can.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BisonHero

@mach_go_go_go: Four songs by Theory of a Deadman are in the game in one form or another (often songs you can play on an in-world stereo or radio). It's hilariously out of place, and I'm positive it's the kind of thing that the publisher advocated for or something, because nothing about it seems like a David Cage move.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@bisonhero::I'm with you on the beginning. The moment when the cop starts walking towards the bathroom in split screen is an all timer for me.

@shivermetimbers: oh it was totally terrible Matrix bullshit. It was beyond awful. Not in any sort of funny way either.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarkeyeHails

I love Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit. It is gripping even though it is exceptionally dumb.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I loved the game at the time and it has some cool concepts like playing as the person who committed a crime and the cops chasing him at the same time. It's like playing chess against yourself. Cage's writing gets in the way as it does with all of his games though. For $15 though I might be enough of a sucker to give this game a go again.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would never play this game again, but would recommend it to others who have any sort of love for this genre. Worth playing once for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.