Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

inFamous1-inFamous2

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sunspots

So I'm going to be picking up inFamous2 this coming Friday and I was wondering if there is a game save import similar to the Mass Effect franchise between the two inFamous games?

I still have my imFamous1 save file and I was hoping this would be the case, even though I am aware very little meaningful things can be transferred between the two games. Mostly I just do not want to have to slog through half of a game to build up my powers again. I want what I built up ffrom 1 to transfer into 2.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

Yupp, it imports your inFamous save.

But as you said yourself, very little meaningful stuff actually gets transferred.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Sunspots said:

So I'm going to be picking up inFamous2 this coming Friday and I was wondering if there is a game save import similar to the Mass Effect franchise between the two inFamous games?

I still have my imFamous1 save file and I was hoping this would be the case, even though I am aware very little meaningful things can be transferred between the two games. Mostly I just do not want to have to slog through half of a game to build up my powers again. I want what I built up ffrom 1 to transfer into 2.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure something transfers over.  Not much though.
    MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MezZa

It transfers over part of your karma (makes you the first level of good/evil if i remember right), gives you a bit more energy to start with depending on how many blast shards you found in the first game, and I think you get some xp bonus too. I'm not too sure about that last one because it's been awhile. You won't have to regain any powers except for a couple being relearned later, but I can't remember which powers that was. Anyway, even if you don't import you get to start with most of your powers. Imports won't affect your powers/upgrades.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By SMTDante89

You get a little more energy to use at the beginning and, depending on where you stood morally (good/evil) you'll start out a third of the way on one of those two meters instead of starting out neutral.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sunspots

Cool, thanks guys, good to know. This just motivated me to fire up the first inFamous again and hunt down the remaining blast shards on my save file. I'm watching the quick look of inFamous2 right now and I'm getting pumped to pick up this game.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By DarthOrange

@Sunspots:

There are a couple of small side missions that make reference to the choices you made in the first (like: thanks, you helped save my mother when you gave her food, or you bastard, my mother starved because of you). The pigion messages also involve conversations about your past choices.

In terms of powers, depending on how many shards you collected, you will start off with a longer electricity bar. As far as powers, you start off with most of them and get new ones quickly.

I absolutely loved inFamous 2. It was my favorite game last year and of my favorite games of all time.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sunspots

@DarthOrange: inFamous1 is my favorite game of this generation.......until Skyrim was released. I will be picking up inFamous2 very soon, it's been too long in between my play though of the first game and the sequel

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.