Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Should I play inFamous first?

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By alanm26v5

I just got my first PS3 and it came bundled with inFamous2. Should I play the first inFamous in order to have an idea of the story, or can I go right into this and still have a good time? And if so is the first one a buy or rent at this point?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I don't think you'd have any trouble understanding the events, the second game sets things up nicely.. But I'd still recommend playing through the original game first, it's excellent and you should be able to get it pretty cheap at this point. Plus you get a few bonuses for having a save file from the first.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

Yes, inFamous is a great game, and will make inFamous 2 all that better. Besides you won't be able to play inFamous after infamous 2.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ExplodeMode

Youtube the ending and you'll be good.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I skipped it and understood the story just fine. A lot of people say the games are so similar gameplay-wise so if you burn out on the gameplay during the first one, you probably won't enjoy the second one so much...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.