Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

The Purge: Act I - My first UGC mission

GunGraveTZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GunGraveTZA

Hey guys, I've been mucking about with UGC for the last few days and I have finally finished my first UGC mission. Unlike many others, which are usually based on a single idea, I tried to make something that was somewhat comparable to the main game itself and had depth rather than just a short gimmick. While, admittedly, there is a lack of enemy variety, this was somewhat intentional as to fit the story of this opening act. I'm planning to make this the first entry of a mini-Campaign of either 3 to 5 missions, with each one picking up where the last one ended and a continuing storyline (the plot IS basic but it's certainly more than most UGC missions IMO). I really tried to make an epic scale and have plenty of objective variety as possible. That's how I ended up with a mission that is 5-10 minutes long, depending on your skill level, and also a mission that takes up 96% of the allocated memory. :P

While I try and think of what to do with future installments, please check this out and give me some constructive critisism, and don't forget to rate it. Here's the official website link for it: http://infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=3a99bd31-48b9-48e6-81bf-8ae13d6438db

P.S: I am aware of 3 noticable bugs right now. However, as far as I know there is no forseeable way to fix any of them. The good news is none of them effect the gameplay directly to the point of breaking the game, so just to let you know:

1) It's very likely the first time you meet the informant on the first playthrough of my mission, her arms will be sticking straight out in a weird, T-shape pose. As I set her character model to Idle, I'm guessing this is a loading issue as the T pose is the pose every model in every video game ever defaults to. This is out of my hands as I believe it is a Sucker Punch issue. However, if you were to replay the mission straight after, or if you die in the short battle after meeting the informant, when you go to the first checkpoint the problem should disappear and she should appear as a normal civillian.

2) Due to the way in which the mission is heavily scripted, it's possible to trigger an objective twice, if you were to backtrack or stray off the beaten path. It has no effect on gameplay, but you might see messages or the objective pop up again.

3) In the last battle a music track is triggered. If you die and revert to a checkpoint then go straight into the final battle, the music track triggering lags by about 5 seconds. Again, this is a loading issue and has no effect on the gameplay.

Also, a quick note on how checkpoints work. You may be baffled when you respawn to find no icons, no enemies, nothing. Just walk forward and the objective you were on will begin as before.

GunGraveTZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GunGraveTZA

Okay guys, I found a way to reset my PSN password, so here's the link to the mission. Enjoy and let me know what you thought, and don't forget to rate and comment! :)

http://infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=3a99bd31-48b9-48e6-81bf-8ae13d6438db

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.