Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Which Cole did you like better?

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mike512

The one from Infamous 1 or 2?

I personally liked the one from the first better, mainly because he had a slightly more different look and the Cole from 2 kinda looks like a generic person. I understand they changed the look to make him look more like the guy from 1 but I still have no clue why they had to change the look and the voice actor. I also didn't like voice actor in 2. His voice reminded me of that guy in the Allstate commercials who plays the teenage girl, the flag and the deer.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By valrog

First one, where he didn't sound like a redneck.

xp0svolc0mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xp0svolc0mx

I believe they tried to get the original voice actor, but couldn't for some reason. From what I've heard (mind you I haven't played the second one yet) the new voice actor seems to be just fine. But that's just my humble opinion.  

As for looks, I think that he looks less generic in the second one then he did in the first one. But I think that's because suckerpunch spent time improving the character models and animation for the in game cut scenes.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FritzDude

None, but i do like Cole Phelps from L.A Noire. 

Who can't say no to this face?

But i digress.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

@xp0svolc0mx said:

I believe they tried to get the original voice actor, but couldn't for some reason. From what I've heard (mind you I haven't played the second one yet) the new voice actor seems to be just fine. But that's just my humble opinion.

As for looks, I think that he looks less generic in the second one then he did in the first one. But I think that's because suckerpunch spent time improving the character models and animation for the in game cut scenes.

I believe the problem was that the first voice actor couldn't do motion capture, which is a shame!

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Khadyn

Character looks didn't bother me as much in 2nd game but, I did like the overall look of the 2nd one for graphics. I do hate Sucker Punch for making Evil side lame and kinda boring for the new abilities compared to the Good side. The first Infamous kicked ass for Evil side. Hopefully if they do do a 3rd they will balance out so both sides are fun. BTW, I so wanted to put a bullet in Nix's head to shut her the fuck up..one of the most annoying/whiny characters ever made in my opinion for a video game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FritzDude said:
    None, but i do like Cole Phelps from L.A Noire. 
      Who can't say no to this face? But i digress.
    I can say no, baby! 
    I can say no, baby! 
    Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mike512
    @Khadyn said:

I so wanted to put a bullet in Nix's head to shut her the fuck up..one of the most annoying/whiny characters ever made in my opinion for a video game.

Yeah, she probably tops my list of most annoying characters. If you put her with Tails, the little girl from Resident Evil 4, Rico from Killzone and all the other annoying video game characters, she is probably the one I hate the most.
    Loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Loose
    @Cloudenvy said:

@xp0svolc0mx said:

I believe the problem was that the first voice actor couldn't do motion capture, which is a shame!

I think there may also have being a scheduling conflict that rendered him unable to reprise the role.

As for the question; I kinda liked Cole in the first game despite his grumpiness (or perhaps because of it) because he seemed like an adult character that was thrown into a crazy-ass scenario with his own super-powers and super-powered enemies. I do sorta dig "New" Cole's attitude though, his wise-cracking was usually legitimately funny even if he did sound weirdly youthful compared to Old Cole. Visually I preferred the way Cole looked in this first game, his face seemed more slim and defined whereas Cole in Infamous 2 seems oddly baby-faced compared to the first game. I was really worried for a while that the changes to Cole would hurt the experience of playing Infamous 2 for me, but now I don't feel the game suffered much for the change.
    Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mike512
    @Loose said:
    I was really worried for a while that the changes to Cole would hurt the experience of playing Infamous 2 for me, but now I don't feel the game suffered much for the change.
    If they kept the original look they were gonna go with it would have felt like you were playing as a completely different character and in my opinion that would have hurt the experience. I'm very happy they listened to their fans and gave the character a look that was similar to the Cole from the first game.

And if the guy from the first game couldn't work on Infamous 2 for whatever reason, I don't understand why they didn't just have the look of the guy from 1 and with the new voice actor for 2. It's not like L.A. Noire where there was advanced facial recognition technology and they needed to have the same actor for the voice and the face.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Kyreo

I prefer the new one. He actually has a personality.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

I've only played the demo and watched video on inFAMOUS 2, but as much as I've seen, I like the first Cole (voice wise) better. I'm not sure if my description is entirely correct, but Eric Laden sounded too nasal-y, or something like that.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By djstyles92
    @Kyreo said:

I prefer the new one. He actually has a personality.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By Hector

I like Cole from the first inFamous, seem like a more serious and dark character.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous

First one.

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jtmosh

I haven't played Infamous 2 but I hated Cole in the first game. So pretty much anything is a step up.

killerdud745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killerdud745

I really like the second one. He gave me some unexpected laughs and to me the voice just fit with Cole.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kishinfoulux

I can't even tell the difference between the two. >_>

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Michaelblack18

i don't know if im going to get ciritcized for this or not but the new look Cole they planed for infamous 2 i liked that version it fitted the game and the atmosphere looking all grizzled and bearded come on who wouldn't want to be tossing electricity and other crap as a  grizzled bearded dude?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.