Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Anyone else doing the Papertrail missions?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So Papertrail part 2 dropped today its a short bit of content but the mystery is starting to ramp up. It is a shame they are going to drag this out as long as they are. Is anyone else having doing these? Some of the solutions for some of the website stuff is pretty neat.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By buneroid

I chased down the paper man/lady the first time but I think I'm just gonna wait and see what happens when it's all over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't gotten around to doing part 2 yet, but the first part was really good and better than almost everything else in the game.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just started and what an aggravating start it was. Setting up the profile on that dumb website was not the quick and easy process it should have been. But now that I've got it going it's pretty nifty.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By spraynardtatum

Hasn't worked for me.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I did the first part, didn't realize the second was out yet.

I think this is a really neat idea. It takes everything that's cool about ARGs and actually makes it significant within the context of the game. I would definitely be on board with this sort of thing becoming a trend.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Sergio

I've only done the first part so far. It bugged out on me and I had to wait a couple of days for it to reset.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

I did them both today. It seemed a little annoying at first having to go out of my way to access that content, but they've done a surprisingly good job setting it up, with multiple fake websites and everything. It's pretty cool.

It does kind of suck it's going to be dragged out for 6 weeks though. It's cool to have something to look forward to now that I'm done, but a month and half long quest for a game that only lasts a few days is too long.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I just did part 1 this morning. Part 2 wasn't up yet.

I'm bizarrely excited about this because one of my favorite anime ever is Read or Die which is all about a girl who can control paper. Her codename is "The Paper". Every line she says to the bad guy is basically "Return my book to me please". Paper.

Loading Video...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: I've seen a lot of speculation that we'll get the paper power when it's all done, which seems pretty unlikely, but it would be kind of awesome.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: That would be ridiculous and amazing.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By marc

Played both of parts tonight. Really enjoyed them. I'm always down for a bit of figuring stuff out.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falserelic

So far I don't find it interesting. I just find it annoying going back and forth to pc just to solve puzzles.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. Waiting for part 3 now. I'm sick of waiting but what can I do? I find it interesting but the internet part of this just frustrates me at some parts, like the air drone with random pass codes. I cheated for that one. If by the end, we don't take that paper girls power, I'm going to be extremely pissed.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I hate the internet part of this thing. It's incredibly frustrating and some of the answers to the puzzles are far too obscure. I have absolutely no problem with cheating. It would also help if the mission designed to be solved on the internet actually functioned on the PS4 web browser. Six hours of extra content.... that extra content is six hours of being stumped over a bad puzzle on a poorly made website that only functions about 50% of the time.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: I thought most of the puzzles were pretty clever myself.

-Cipher-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -Cipher-

Do you get the powers yet? I haven't had time to play paper trail myself.

Also, website account creation process really put me off first time.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat part 1 was going to beat part 2, but I was tired. That drone puzzle was just fucking out there. If I didn't watch this vid I wouldn't have guess it.

Loading Video...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By handlas

So I let someone borrow my game and just got it back. More of these are out now... are they worth playing through? Is there any indication that you will get a reward at the end of them? (hint at future DLC, paper powers or anything of that sort)

I started playing the first mission until it asked me to sign up on some website where I scoffed and turned the game off because I had already beaten the main storyline. But I'm willing to do that if there it is a good mission.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

So I let someone borrow my game and just got it back. More of these are out now... are they worth playing through? Is there any indication that you will get a reward at the end of them? (hint at future DLC, paper powers or anything of that sort)

I started playing the first mission until it asked me to sign up on some website where I scoffed and turned the game off because I had already beaten the main storyline. But I'm willing to do that if there it is a good mission.

Personally, even if you do get a special power at the end of the DLC. I don't think there will be much use for it, and I don't really find the missions to be fun to do. So to me its not really worth it.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic:

Alrighty. That's what I suspected considering the first mission was the worst type of mission in the game (chasing someone). Probably just play through the game again at a later date as Evil instead.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

There's no power. They announced it on Twitter 2 days ago or something. God damn it. They couldn't fucking say that shit 6 weeks ago? What a fucking load of shit. I've just wasted 4 Friday evenings in a row. I'm not even going to finish because fuck them. I don't want to go take pictures of a crime scene or go take pictures of another crime scene or go to a location again. Awful. Nor am I particularly interested in doing an ARG for... I dunno what the fuck, probably a vest.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am planning to wait until they are all out before I finish them.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus3dog: They're all out but there's no point in finishing them.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By notdavid

@themasterds: I was never under the impression that we were getting a new power after this. I mean, locking behind a huge portion of the game behind an ARG would be really dumb. The console missions are all really bad, but they're worth pushing through to get to the interesting web bits.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cerberus3dog

@themasterds: Yeah, just looked it up to confirm. It's a bummer... You get a bunny mask and some new Delsin vests, I guess.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no power. They announced it on Twitter 2 days ago or something. God damn it. They couldn't fucking say that shit 6 weeks ago? What a fucking load of shit. I've just wasted 4 Friday evenings in a row. I'm not even going to finish because fuck them.

Really, four whole evenings? What were you doing the whole time?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucker Punch desperately needs to hire people that know how to create decent side content.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strainedeyes: The DLC was delivered a chunk per week and consisted of one half cookie cutter missions (seriously the missions could not be any more uniform. I imagine the community made ones had more variance) and one half elongated web based ARG. Mind you the ARG stuff was interesting but also long, tedious and a headache to get through. It was delivered in 6 chunks, I played 5 chunks. First chunk wasn't really in an evening, it was sort of more a Sunday afternoon I think. And the sixth chunk I'm not doing. That's how that breaks down.

It's really shitty they didn't say this up front. There would've been a lot less interest in this series had they done that and a lot less disappointment. Is this the age where we start talking about how half assed over hyped Anti-Buyback strategies are starting to feel really cynical and gross?

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished. I'll start with saying that the console missions were boring but seeing the girl run around and leave paper trails was cool. I enjoyed reading about who exactly the paper conduit, Celia, was, the DUP files, origamis, etc. but hated doing some of the puzzles like the ones that made you guess a code and if you failed 6 times, it reset it. But most of that internet stuff was interesting. Gave you more insight of the world that Infamous takes place in after Conduits exploded.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I did the first 3 in hopes we'd get paper powers by the end. I'm completely uninterested now. It was kind of fun nonetheless.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did the first one and was planning on going back to finish the rest when I flipped the game but....I kinda don't? I have a lot of games to finish right now so at some point, I'll go back and finish the rest of the missions.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, all the people that expected a paper power at the end of this were fucking dreaming. I thought the DLC was great for all the narrative hooks that colored the game's core storyline and helped expand on Augustine's character. Celia was fucking rad and I hope hope hope she plays a major role in the next game, which would be a much more reasonable timeframe for us to expect a paper power. Drain it from newstands! Drain it from newspaper vending machines! Drain it from bulletin boards! Showdown with Celia should take place in a Barnes & Noble!

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By awesomeusername

@starvinggamer: You're right about the paper powers but it doesn't hurt to dream! I agree with your post though, the narrative parts were great. I figured Celia was the girl Augustine first found with powers like at part 3 or 4 and it was fun to find out more about her, especially since in the main game they said she committed suicide but that obviously wasn't the case. I'm willing to bet Celia & Delsin throw down in the DLC they're making and we actually get her powers there. It makes sense because Nate Fox (Game director) said they were already working on DLC (separate from the Paper Trail) and the way they set this up is just to perfect.

On a different note, I doubt we'll get a sequel with Delsin. Nate said something interesting in an interview and that was “inFamous is a really broad concept – an everyday person gets powers and decides if they want to use them for good or evil. That could be anybody of any age, any gender, any time, any country. It’s as wide open as superhero fiction.” which would be to damn awesome. I'm a huge inFamous fan so I would love this but at the same time I want to see what else Sucker Punch could do but I also want more inFamous. Damn you Sucker Punch! He was comparing it to Assassin's Creed by the way.

Read the interview, it's really short. Another interesting thing is he says "she" when describing what the inFamous series is basically about. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/03/24/nate-fox-says-future-infamous-games-could-work-like-assassins-creed/

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: Oh, I didn't realize they were working on more story DLC. I mean, I should have assumed, but they usually try to get out there talking about it close to release to make sure people keep their discs and somehow I missed any mention of it. That makes more sense then, that the DLC would be about her. It makes me sad though, since I have an obsession with paper manipulation powers, and there's going to be even less to do with them if you get them at the end of the DLC which you can only play after you beat the game. It would be a cool twist if they gave them to you right off the bat, like maybe it starts with him chasing Celia and he catches her immediately but then some larger threat makes itself known.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Makes sense since the press doesn't really acknowledge Sony's first party games unless it's something from Naughty Dog or Santa Monica. But I guess that's also kind of Sony's fault because they aren't good marketers. I actually got the news of them doing more DLC from that site I linked you which is a PS site so of course people wouldn't really know this. (I also just searched and the source of that info is from IGN & Eurogamer.)

I agree though, it'd be great if in the DLC, you get her powers at the start and maybe some other conduit shows up wrecking shit and you go after him/her. Preferably a glass conduit. They said the DLC would be the same scope as the Festival of Blood DLC in inFamous 2 so hopefully we get news of it soon. I bet E3 week or maybe a month after we'll get info. Or just hopefully E3 day! That's a good 2 and a half months since the game launched. They could have a trailer ready.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Marcsman

Not me. Beat the game twice, got my Platinum. I'm done with it. Nice ride though.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By Castiel

So as someone who has just bought the game I assume that I can skip this dlc without missing much? Can I go back and play this dlc after I have finished the game?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel:

You probably already looked it up, but the dlc doesn't add anything too critical to the story, although it does set up some hooks for a future storyline.

That being said I just marathoned through this in an evening and thought it was incredible. Probably enjoyed it more than the main game as crazy as that is to say.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.