Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Does this game make your PS4 sound weird?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Ever since I put it in I've got this weird loop of it engaging the disc drive, like a 'speed-up' kinda noise, followed by one clicking sound, maybe like the laser moving or something? I just have that over and over again, and it's incredibly annoying!

The game is running totally fine, but i'd like to know what this noise is! Do you guys think it could be because it's trying to update the game's files in the background? Infamous added itself to the Download queue after I booted it up!

Cheers!!

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got it digitally but I know what noise youre talking about. Initiailly running any game I have thats a physical copy would make this noise but after a little while it will stop once it starts to read the downloaded data instead. My guess is you havent completed the download/install of the game so its still reading as much as it can off the disc drive? try maybe reloading the game once its completed downloading, that might help

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Hmm I've installed it and done all updates but there's still a constant clicking noise that sounds like the console engaging the drive before giving up, before doing it over and over again!

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

inFAMOUS makes the fans in my PS4 work pretty hard, I don't think they've been as loud with any other game

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally had all the animation come to a stop and a big 'Your hard drive or disc is corrupted' message pop up! Turns out there was a lovely great big thumb print on the bottom of the disc, even though I bought it new!!

Thanks for the help guys, ever since cleaning the disc everything's been great!! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.