Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Second son & New ps4 info coming soon

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/05/07/june-cover-revealed-infamous-second-son.aspx

Game informer tweeted out that Junes magazine will be the biggest one they have done since gta 4. It will talk about new infamous second son and ps4 information. I for one don't really care about infamous. it might be a great game but having watchdogs as well is a tough choice. I am really excited about the new ps4 information. any guesses on what this game and the ps4 will bring to the table ? The digital version will be available later today.

No Caption Provided

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Darji

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/05/07/june-cover-revealed-infamous-second-son.aspx

Game informer tweeted out that Junes magazine will be the biggest one they have done since gta 4. It will talk about new infamous second son and ps4 information. I for one don't really care about infamous. it might be a great game but having watchdogs as well is a tough choice. I am really excited about the new ps4 information. any guesses on what this game and the ps4 will bring to the table in June?

It is not June it is the June issues which will be available today for digital subscribers and later this or next week to all other subscribers. So expect new Infamous, Drive Club and so on info in the next hours.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

And the details are up!

It features a 24-year-old Native American hero called Delsin Rowe, described as, “the artistic type with a chip on his soldier”.

In this new Seattle-based installment conduits are classified as bioterrorists, detained and tracked by security forces called the DUP. There seems to be a heavy air of paranoia with security levels impinging on everyone’s freedom. There’ talk of “elevated walkways with search-lights and security cameras as well as checkpoints and scanners” and “parallels to post-9/11 America”. Some of the DUP soldiers appear to have abilities themselves and are able to move at supernatural speeds or shield against powers.

Delsin gains his powers after trying to help people injured in a crash that involves a conduit transport vehicle. This unlocks his latent ability to absorb smoke and his powers include bullet-like smoke projectiles, a teleporting smoke dash (X-Men’s Nightcrawler is mentioned for reference). This smoke ability needs to be recharged with sources like chimneys, car fires and smoke grenades mentioned. Delsin also has a chain as a whip and shares Cole’s old climbing ability. It’s also mentioned that he can absorb other conduits’ powers suggesting the range of abilities might open up as you progress instead of being limited to smoke.

Seattle is filled with DUP bases that can be taken out; either by force or more stealthily by disabling security systems. It looks like there’s a morality system again as well with Delsin being given the option to kill or spare a guard.

Comparing our new inFAMOUS protagonist to Nightcrawler is a pretty great way to kick things off!

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Heltom92

So do we know if this is set after inFamous 2 or before?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@heltom92: It's set 7 years after inFAMOUS 2.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By redcream

Will it be a launch title for the PS4?

Dragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Yep.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I can't not read that press release in the tone of that creepy intense guy from the Sony PS4 presentation.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was planning to buy a PS4 regardless of Infamous SS being a launch title, but this is probably the game I'm most looking forward. The traversal mechanics in the Infamous series are by far my favorite of any open world game. The jumping is a bit floaty (an issue I hope they address) but I never played a game where I was more free to hop around and enjoy the vistas. Seattle is a great setting since there's so much verticality to the city. Watch Dogs looks awesome, but I doubt it can provide the same panorama of chasing some baddie to the top of the Space Needle then diving bombing to the ground with your superpowers.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Day one for me.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By MEATBALL

Delsin looks to continue the series legacy of douchey looking characters. (I preferred Cole's original InFamous 2 redesign, but he still looked pretty douchey) Can't fucking wait for more InFamous, though, as someone who loved InFamous 2 even more than the original game (which I also thought was awesome).

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

A chip on his soldier, huh? Interesting...

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Sucker Punch has yet to make a bad game. As @marcsman said:

Day one for me.

Also I wonder if Festival of Blood's turning into bats mechanic was done as a way for them to test the traveling as a puff of smoke.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they get rid of the arbitrary morality system and just make acquiring new powers dependent on other conduits or something like that. While not the biggest fan of the series, I guess this might just be one of the first games I'll buy at launch (if it is going to be ready for launch).

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can't wait. Sucker Punch has yet to let me down.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@meatball said:

Delsin looks to continue the series legacy of douchey looking characters. (I preferred Cole's original InFamous 2 redesign, but he still looked pretty douchey) Can't fucking wait for more InFamous, though, as someone who loved InFamous 2 even more than the original game (which I also thought was awesome).

He looks like a Seattle douche though, so it fits. He'd blend right in here.

Also, more Washington based developers should take advantage of the PNW setting. It's not touched on often but has so much potential. Seattle is a pretty kick ass city, and the whole damn state of Washington has a good deal of interesting environments.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
    Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucker Punch is fantastic; I loved all the Slys as well as both InFamouses(InFamousi?). It's all been uphill too, and InFamous 2 is one of my favorite games of the generation (dat good ending). Don't know why it seems so overlooked.

But you know, I'm not buying a PS4 at launch. I'll probably wait a year or until the first price drop. Or until I finish my enormous backlog of this gen, and all games coming out are next gen. This is going to be the first generation of consoles I can actually purchase completely on my own, and it's weird and scary.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#18  Edited By StarvingGamer

Launch title? Fuck yeah!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wait, how does he absorb other... you know what, nevermind.

inFamous 1 had a great story, inFamous 2 had a mostly lame story, but they were fun to play. Except that second one got boring after the first area.

Well, we'll see I guess.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Game informer tweeted out that Junes magazine will be the biggest one they have done since gta 4. It will talk about new infamous second son and ps4 information. I for one don't really care about infamous. it might be a great game but having watchdogs as well is a tough choice. I am really excited about the new ps4 information. any guesses on what this game and the ps4 will bring to the table ? The digital version will be available later today.

No Caption Provided

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddGMpxVkzBU

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Anyway, this game is going to be awesome. This is what sells me on a PS4. I loved the inFAMOUS series and Sucker Punch. They can do no wrong.

On the game, Delsin having absorbing abilities like Peter Petrelli in Heroes excites the shit out of me. I hope there's a good amount of people to suck powers from. Oh man, I can't wait.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and know what's crazy? (Correct me if I'm wrong on this) But it's a release day title right? PS4 is coming out with you able to buy Infamous Second Son?

Can't think of a time when any console had this level (and hopefully quality) of game available day 1, let alone multiple titles like Killzone:SF.

I suppose we can chalk that up to the more PC-like architecture, much easier to develop for an unknown system when its specs will be close to things already out.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertrucio: I hope it comes out on the same day as the PS4 release. Nothing has been confirmed though. It's a launch title which means it could come out like 4 months after the PS4 release. We can only hope.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.